Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first test clear :)
Hi...i had my first ever test for H.I.V today and it came back negative Big Grin
Also tested for other things and all clear for them too.
Feels good to know lol.
Just wondering...how often do you guys get tested OR how often would you reccomend a test?

i used to get tested every 6mo
i accept my partner is faithful to me. If I were un faithful to him we talked about it; and I can tell him, he has agreed to take it in stride and not react.

HIV
some/not all infected people will get a fever and flu like symptoms around two weeks after exposure. it may take up to six months after exposure before you will test positive on an HIV antibody test, although most infected people will test positive within 3 months. Tests that look directly for HIV RNA, the virus' genetic material, can detect an infection earlier, so depends on the type of test.

-There is a HEP vaccination series you can get
-"do you get tested" is a valid first date question
-seems the minim incubation time is 2-6weeks but depends on the test method; you can buy a home test if you want to test your self

Once or twice a year. It really depends on your, ahem, behaviour. If you're in monogamous relationship and trust your partner, once a year is plenty. If you are single and enjoying it, might be worth testing more frequently as sometimes STD's don't have any symptoms (yet, you can pass them on anyway).

Testing for the first time is the most difficult. After that, well, you know the drill. It's not that bad after all Wink

Ind Wrote:Once or twice a year. It really depends on your, ahem, behaviour. If you're in monogamous relationship and trust your partner, once a year is plenty. If you are single and enjoying it, might be worth testing more frequently as sometimes STD's don't have any symptoms (yet, you can pass them on anyway).

Testing for the first time is the most difficult. After that, well, you know the drill. It's not that bad after all Wink

When I was single and "enjoying it" I got tested every 3 months.

Thanks guys. Well im with the same partner i have been with over a year now.
And to my knowledge its 100% faithfull in our relationship.
We only sleep with each other.
So i think i will start with 6 monthly tests. then maybe after a while go to doing it one a year instead.
Thanks again Smile

you might look into getting the HEP series vaccination, interesting to hear what the thinking of it is in the UK

Is that hepititas your talking of? (excuse my spelling lol)

If so then.... i had my first injection today and need to return in 1 week for the next one and then a further 2 week after that for the third and final one.

Personally with having done a microbiology based degree which involves me handling alsorts of lovely bacteria and fungus' I got rather paranoid and got tested ridiculously often, also got tested for Hepatitis a few times because it was a prerequisite that everyone needed to get tested and vaccinated. Now that I'm out of the lab I'll be getting tested less frequently although with not being in a monogamous relationship maybe a bit more.

pellaz Wrote:you might look into getting the HEP series vaccination, interesting to hear what the thinking of it is in the UK

In the UK, you get HepB vaccines only if required for some reason. Working in a lab being a good example (got my vaccines too ConfusedmileSmile. As far as I know, they don't get routinely offered in the sexual health clinics.

hepB is transmitted via body fluids
not casually as in touch, cough or food

since there is a vaccine out there...