Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first test clear :)
Ind Wrote:In the UK, you get HepB vaccines only if required for some reason. Working in a lab being a good example (got my vaccines too ConfusedmileSmile. As far as I know, they don't get routinely offered in the sexual health clinics.

In the U.K. all sexually active gay men are supposed to be vaccinated against Hep B. For obvious reasons many do not get vaccinated. Certainly sexual health clinics should be giving vaccinations, or at least, telling all gay men they see to see their GP for the jabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:In the U.K. all sexually active gay men are supposed to be vaccinated against Hep B. For obvious reasons many do not get vaccinated. Certainly sexual health clinics should be giving vaccinations, or at least, telling all gay men they see to see their GP for the jabs.

Ahh, yes, thanks for correcting me. I keep on forgetting that men who have sex with men are considered a high risk group when it comes to just about anything. I do wonder why didn't they offer me one, though. Maybe they don't offer you one if you're in a monogamous relationship or something?

I would recommend every three months.

Ind Wrote:Ahh, yes, thanks for correcting me. I keep on forgetting that men who have sex with men are considered a high risk group when it comes to just about anything. I do wonder why didn't they offer me one, though. Maybe they don't offer you one if you're in a monogamous relationship or something?

Did they know (or strongly suspect) you were already vaccinated? Just a thought.

Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.