Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first time gay bar in manchester
Hey everyone my names Andy and i'm new to this forum, my question for you is... i've not been to a gay bar or club in well over 3 months and I wasn't even a regular back then. I've decided to visit Manchester's village this Friday/ Saturday for the first time and was wondering wether you could tell me what where the best places to go to.
I'm only looking for friendship at the moment however evey time I go out I allways seem to end up talking to guys who are just trolling for sex!:frown: Is there anywhere in the gay community where I can find normal people to chat to?

andy_123 Wrote:Hey everyone my names Andy and i'm new to this forum, my question for you is... i've not been to a gay bar or club in well over 3 months and I wasn't even a regular back then. I've decided to visit Manchester's village this Friday/ Saturday for the first time and was wondering wether you could tell me what where the best places to go to.
I'm only looking for friendship at the moment however evey time I go out I allways seem to end up talking to guys who are just trolling for sex!:frown: Is there anywhere in the gay community where I can find normal people to chat to?

First of all, welcome to GS Andy.

I haven't been to Manchester for years matey so i can't help you there.

As for "Normal People to Chat to" You've come to the right place

Confusedmile:

Hey andy_123 - welcome to GS !

Whilst I can't provide you with an answer to your Manchester-issue, I can confirm that everybody here is really sound, so you're more than welcome to saddle-up and contribute to the site - you're BOUND to make friends here ...

... in my experience (which is kinda akin to yours) I found that whenever I used to go out, I'd bump into the same kinda people ... people that think they're God's Gift after (x) pints or pills, and want to lick your face but can't stand up so wind up trying to lick your kneecaps or similar ...

Consequently I just kinda ruled out pubs and clubs as being the best places to meet people for friendship, and started to look at slightly less conventional places perhaps, like social clubs, networking through friends of friends, that kinda thing ?

I'm sure somebody will pop along in a bit and answer your specific question though, so it's nice to meet you, and I bid you goodday !!

x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Lot's of normal people in this forum. I was a member of an Australian gay forum and they are no where near as friendly and considerate as they are here.

So welcome aboard Smile

Thanks for the friendly welcome Star Twister, Shadow and Voice, i'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

Shadow - you mentioned social clubs as a possible alternative for meeting people, where would I find gay ones? Do cities have LGBT centres that you can ask at?

Thanks for the replies,

Andy.

Well I'm based in Jersey in the Channel Islands so we don't really have that kinda thing here, but I'm 99% certain that yes - major cities like Birmingham, Manchester, London, Liverpool and so on will most definitely have LGBT centres and groups that you can become actively involved with - our own Baby Wouldlikemuscle has been to some London-based courses on self-defence and stuff like that, so it's definitely the type of thing that does get organised, and would be available for you to join-in with Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Star Twister Wrote:... As for "Normal People to Chat to" You've come to the right place
Speak for yourself, honey Wink Moi, normal Rolleyes Never!!

Oh, and hello, Andy_123, and good luck with your search.

marshlander Wrote:Speak for yourself, honey Wink Moi, normal Rolleyes Never!!

Oh, and hello, Andy_123, and good luck with your search.

[Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif]

andy_123 Wrote:Thanks for the friendly welcome Star Twister, Shadow and Voice, i'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

Shadow - you mentioned social clubs as a possible alternative for meeting people, where would I find gay ones? Do cities have LGBT centres that you can ask at?

Thanks for the replies,

Andy.

Theres a few gay places around Huddersfield which are nice and close to Manchester... give me a yell if you're interested Smile

Welcome to the site andy_123, a little far for me to be answering your question so just stopping in to say HI and good luck.