Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaky
libertylove4 Wrote:Yesterday we got about a foot of snow here (I have no idea what that is in meters, I kinda slept through math class on metric day lol). It is super cold and we are expected to get more lake effect snow tonight. Oh the joys of living in the great white north and on some fucking big lakes to boot.

A foot is roughly about one stick of ruler, and a stick of ruler is roughly 30 centimeter, so that would be around 0.3 meter.

Not very long in terms of length of putt, but pretty high in terms of snowfall.

I heard those lakes are the result of bowl shaped hardened limestone which acts like a giant bath. And the outlet of the water is the Niagara Fall.

Confusedmile:

It never snows here but from the beach we can sometimes see the snow on the mountains near Granada.

You can ski in the morning and sunbathe in the afternoon here!

I am dream of a hundred foot snowfall so the world would just stop for a bit!

[COLOR="Purple"]Well...

I didnt get my hundred feet of snow but I did get to play with an enormous icicle.

It was hanging right at my bedroom window so I put on gloves and carefully pulled it off and brought it in. It was larger than I thought (45 inches = 114.3 centimeters) and here are a couple pics:[/COLOR]

[Image: IMG_0012-2-icyclesSM.jpg]
hanging outside my bedroom window

[Image: IMG_0001-icyclesSM.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0027-icyclesSM.jpg]
a little artsy

[Image: IMG_0028-icyclesSM.jpg]
soooo cold and icy - but hardly melted at all Disoriented

Here on the Kentucky/Tennessee Border we don't see much snow, but it gets pretty damn cold. This week is actually a lot milder, last couple weeks were nasty cold. We get about an inch or so of snow at a time and it usually goes away the next day.
Richard