Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flamboyancy
I agree OrphanPip. I was trying to think of how to word it, you did a much better job explaining it than I would have.

People may have different personas for different environments, but there is also a difference between "being" a different way in front of different people and acting up a show in order to show off or cover something up - which I am sure some gay people do. Some people act such a show that requires a lot of energy because it's not naturally who they are, and as such it's a cover for something.

I have said it many times and I will say it many more ....we all owe many thanks to the "stereotypical" gay men who fought back at Stonewall and who take the brunt of the crap that is forced on gay people.

In college at a GSU meeting the speaker was talking about this...telling us that we all had a responsibility to behave in a manner that was pleasing to heterosexuals. I was so angry at him I have never been back nor will I ever attend another gay meeting. If getting the approval and acceptance of people who discriminate against any of us is the goal...count me out. I want to have my own acceptance and approval.

This whole thing has been played out with the "house slave, field slave" "light skinned, dark skinned" scenarios. I prefer to take that lesson to heart and never personally help to internalize homophobia.

Some people are naturally effeminate...some people maybe act effeminate. Neither has anything to do with me and personally I prefer to celebrate and respect diversity. If someone else decides to judge and stereotype gay men that is not my problem and I refuse to make it my problem. The real problem lies with the person who is doing the stereotyping!

I like my soul and I intend to leave this planet with my soul fully intact.

I Agree with you there east... I think if it wasnt for them rebelling againsty society regardless whether they were macho macho men or camp queens it got us to the position we are in today... I would however be interested to know when it was that society turned against us in the first place because we are not born to hate... We learn to hate through a behaved manner which then becomes a psychological manner and before you know where your at wars are breaking out

Kindest regardsw

zeon

Stereotypes are nasty things. They keep you from seeing the true nature of a person. Yes we love making fun of them, but still, they do get in the way of our lives. I'm constantly told I'm too femmy or whatever and that I'm not helping the gay "movement". Truth is I'm an activist and I'm working for our rights, not some madeup movement. Its not the gay movement, its a civil rights movement. Still, stereotypes to me just really stop one from knowing a person. In the LGBT community though, they definitely are stopping people from knowing one another. Yes straight people buy into them but its far worse in our very own community :/

damn u guys r pretty smart, i guess its all action / reaction depending on evironments and mood.

dasbas Wrote:damn u guys r pretty smart

People tell me that all the time, I'm just naturally gifted :tongue:

lolConfusedmile:

im a manly man and i love flamboyant men i think thats what sets me off lol Confusedmile:

i think ur kind of crazy gil but thats allright i enjoy being very insane myself, i just call it thinking without a box. u and i have very similar mentalities, so why do you think i should go marines, adding the fact that i would like to go guard wether it be army guard or air guard because i enjoy the civilian worklife but would still like to be a part of the military, including that i would not have to live on a base that would be states away from home instead i could live at home work towards a better paying job while going to college ect.