Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
friend or not?
Ok so I have this guy friend that I like as a FRIEND however he likes me in a romantic way. I have told him countless time that I don't like him in that way but we still text (can not hang out due to distance) because I really do value our friendship. So when we start texting it's for a few hours or so then we stop because I get distracted by something else but then he text's me the next day and he wants to text for a while again and then I tell him I don't really feel like texting him then he says 'ok then lets Skype' but I don't really like Skype-ing with him because once we have a nice chat on Skype then he wants to Skype all the time and it feels like he is getting a little clingy. Also when we text he sometimes sneaks in a 'ya beautiful' or 'sure boo' and I have been very nice when tell him to stop but I don't really know what to do.......Then just now when I pugged my phone in because it ran out of battery I got 5 text from him alone.

Q: Am I just over reacting to this and I need to chill or is he really a problem?
P.s. he knows I like girls :frown: :frown:

He seems to have a bit of a crush on you. All you can do is keep telling him that you like him as a friend.

Always when you talk to him, use the word 'friend', and reiterate to him from time to tie that you like girls.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Texting for several hours at a time might be sending mixed messages. Most people do not spend that much time on a text conversation with their best friend. Cut back on the text time and do not respond to every text that comes along trying to get you into another conversation. Just keep letting him know you're not interested in more than friendship and if it continues, then yeah, you're probably going to have to end or at least severely limit the friendship. You might value the friendship, but how long can that go on without before it gets really old? After a while it is going to start getting very uncomfortable.

I agree, don't send mixed messages. He'll never let go and move on if he thinks there could be a chance. You're in control of how often and for how long and in what way you feel comfortable interacting with him. Set limits you're comfortable with. Be gentle but firm.

Thank you everyone for the advice, I really was at a lost with this so thank you! ��

You are being straight up honest with him and he's not getting the message, I say have a little snap n tell him "look man, will you stop because I'm not fking into guys, and YOU. Every time you do this you distance me away from being your friend which is better than nothing."

I JUST want to say that I guarantee you this: If you've never been blown by a gay guy, you have NO idea what you're missing. The straight boys I've tended to all say, MUCH better than girls. I'm JUST saying. Tell him if he wants to suck you off, no strings attached, he can drop to his knees and go nuts. Though I must say he does sound a little clingy, so he might not be able to just do his job and leave.

reedj439 Wrote:I JUST want to say that I guarantee you this: If you've never been blown by a gay guy, you have NO idea what you're missing. The straight boys I've tended to all say, MUCH better than girls. I'm JUST saying. Tell him if he wants to suck you off, no strings attached, he can drop to his knees and go nuts. Though I must say he does sound a little clingy, so he might not be able to just do his job and leave.

The OP is a bi woman.