Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
future of the lgbt movement
the future long term maybe 10-15years, will the words gay straight or bi disappear?
or
do you think sexual preference is way too genetic built in?

They'll still be around- they aren't going anywhere. The only difference I can see is hopefully marriage is allowed in more places and more schools have GSAs and more laws to protect LGBT are in place.

There's many variables... it's technically inconclusive, but I personally believe that gays have always been around for years. It just took Gays themselves to figure it out.

But people are just people anyway, regardless of sexuality, so unless the entire population suddenly disappears, I doubt sexuality, in any form, will either.

Biggrinflip

I don't think they'll disappear. I think new words are just going to come about and become more popular. Most people I talk to aren't either straight or gay but in their words "whatever" then again that's the group I hang out with so I can't speak for the rest of the world. So I think there'll be changes but I don't think gay or bi will disappear. I mean it's already technically now LGBTQA(Did I get all those letters right?). I don't think we need to get more letters in the alphabet involved lol but it wouldn't be surprising. But as society is progressing I think the lesser known groups will make their prescnce known.

spencer Wrote:I don't think they'll disappear. I think new words are just going to come about and become more popular. Most people I talk to aren't either straight or gay but in their words "whatever" then again that's the group I hang out with so I can't speak for the rest of the world. So I think there'll be changes but I don't think gay or bi will disappear. I mean it's already technically now LGBTQA(Did I get all those letters right?). I don't think we need to get more letters in the alphabet involved lol but it wouldn't be surprising. But as society is progressing I think the lesser known groups will make their prescnce known.

I agree, too many letters lol! But I think sexuality is a very tricky piece of work, it's not cut and dry. So you actually hit it on the head.

Because some people like to have sex with animals [which I personally think is a little gross, because their basically molesting and raping my animal friends! :frown:] and some like to only have sex with themselves, some like having sex with inanimate objects[more then just sex toys and what not... but like Water Melons and stuff], some like not having sex at all.

So it's very complicated and I think in the future, sexuality in itself will blend into one cohesive,chaotic category known as; ... Tada! Sexuality :biggrin:.

It's food for thought actually, since really, we're backwards of what is so plainly straightforward and actually progressing away from what we're progressing towards Biggrinflip and it's funny, because we're not making progress at all and I doubt we actually can! Rofl .

[I'm not crazy I swear Disoriented lol]

I would hope for a world where things like sexuality, race, creed, and other such titles would no longer matter. However, as long as there is ignorance and intolerance in this world, I don't see this happening.

QueenOdi Wrote:I agree, too many letters lol! But I think sexuality is a very tricky piece of work, it's not cut and dry. So you actually hit it on the head.

Because some people like to have sex with animals [which I personally think is a little gross, because their basically molesting and raping my animal friends! :frown:] and some like to only have sex with themselves, some like having sex with inanimate objects[more then just sex toys and what not... but like Water Melons and stuff], some like not having sex at all.

So it's very complicated and I think in the future, sexuality in itself will blend into one cohesive,chaotic category known as; ... Tada! Sexuality :biggrin:.

It's food for thought actually, since really, we're backwards of what is so plainly straightforward and actually progressing away from what we're progressing towards Biggrinflip and it's funny, because we're not making progress at all and I doubt we actually can! Rofl .

It would be nice that instead of needing a big group of letters we could just have sexuality and leave it at that. I think it's more complicated to group people together than it is to just let everyone be as themself. People are too different to fit in to categories. So it would be easier if we just had...sexuality. xD

I think the general understanding of sexuality will become greater and the use of words like 'preference' and 'lifestyle' won't be used because we will understand that sexuality is not a choice and both of those words more than imply choice. (Preference and lifestyle are my pet hate words for sexuality).

As for gay, bi, lesbian, Trans, straight...those words will exist for a long time.

I see us with the similar struggles 15-20 years down the road but I also see a greater acceptance. I don't see much change in islamic states, in fact I see worse to come as far as fundamentalists go, they are already scraping the bottom of the barrel, the next step is violence.

QueenOdi Wrote:I agree, too many letters lol! But I think sexuality is a very tricky piece of work, it's not cut and dry. So you actually hit it on the head.

If you look at ancient Greece and ancient Rome that's pretty much the attitude they took. In both societies people weren't expected to be bound by any specific social norms when it came to sex. One of those cases where we may be able to look back for enlightenment.
Richard

i see us becoming stronger & stronger and before long will move to global dominationhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs:biggrin: