Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay dating websites suggestions?
now i've seen plenty of online dating threads and how people dont really like them but i want to give it a go and see what happenes. but i also do not feel like going to google and hitting gay dating searches up and creating profiles one EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE if they arent going to work. so i'm just wondering if anyone has any relevant suggestions on mildly functioning/useful dating sites. or should i just ditch the idea and go all by my lonesome to a gay bar? which quite frankly IM TERRIFIED OF THE BAR. i think i'd stick out like a sore thumb and i dont want to get pressured into doing such a thing. and i also dont want to bring a friend along because firstly- they dont drink (neither do i....) and secondly, im sure they are as terrfied as me lol. i've never been to a bar. idk what to do there etc etc etc. so-----any suggestions mon ami?

Ok Cupid
Badoo
Plenty Of Fish
Gays
Gaydar
Dudes Nude

They are the most functional that I know of without having to pay for membership to do simple things like send messages or reply to messages...IE they are TRUELY free.

If you're into older guys (like I am), silverdaddies

ManicLewis21 Wrote:... i think i'd stick out like a sore thumb ...
this might not be a bad thing (stick out a little). First time go early to a gay bar (sunday afternoon or after work) that serves good food, have a burger and fries and leave. Go a little later next time. Bring some quarters for the pool table, see if anyone wants to play. Its just a bar. I HATE bars too so:

I met my partner, I was his trick for the night way back 3 years ago. Dont let your standards down but a hook up can be fun.

Pride is early summer. Good time to volunteer, for pride: do stage work, direct traffic. Volunteer at the Center front desk. Volunteer for the Obama campaign.

Attend a few local theater productions, again ask if they need volunteers. Just lean over to someone ask "do you come here often", my partner was horrified i did this but it worked and we have a friend to go with us.

go to the gym in the gay bro. Be obvious wear a pearl bracelet.

cool thank you for the suggestions. i'll be giving some of them a go.

Pellaz, i didnt know bars were open during the day :O i thought they all always opened at like 8 in the night and went straight till morning lol. maybe i'll feel much more secure if its the day eh? Big Grin

I'm single Wink

dfiant Wrote:They are the most functional that I know of without having to pay for membership to do simple things like send messages or reply to messages...IE they are TRUELY free.

I would strongly suggest that you also consider sites that you do have to pay for. If you go to a bar a few times you will end up paying a similar amount of money, if not more, and have a brief conversation with fewer guys.

I met my husband on Match.com and he is worth every penny. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Dudesnude is more a hookup site. All kinds of nude pictures.
I have deleted my account there.

Okcupid is a good one. I met my ex there. He is a good guy, and I still miss him a lot.

A lot of dating sites are hookup sites. You will only find one night stands. Not good. Beware.

Dating sites have not worked for me, not yet. I've been on OkCupid forever (I've temporarily disabled my account, not sure if I want to try again or not), and I've paid for Match and Chemistry.com in the past at various times. I've found a few guys to date, but I think the problem is I keep talking and dating the same kind of guys over and over again.

I say find out what your interests/strengths are, and play off of them and find other guys who are into the same type of things you are. If you're into sports, join a league, if you're a geek go to your local comic book store or convention (if there's one being held near you).

I too recommend against the bar....yes, I know many folks here have met their sweethearts that way, but if you're nervous and don't want to go and it's not your thing, then don't force yourself. People will pick up the vibe and shy away from you (or worse, a drunk without proper manners will pickup on the vulnerability vibe and use it against you >.<).

But if you insist on a free site with a sizable gay population, give OkCupid a shot....maybe you'll have better luck with it than I do!

how do people meet offline?
except for gay bars. don't like gay bar.

if join some interests clubs,
how do you know whether someone is gay or not? they don't have a label on their heads.

how do you make eye contacts? I don't dare see eyes of guys that attract me.
feel guilty to stare at them.
what if they are not gay?