Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay gene research
for what i know only a belief on this but bet its on track
-science tries to wrap a proposed theory around as much as they can but in this case the ladies are not described here
-the genetic situation pre describes an "attraction" to men", so the women with the genetic situation whore around more and get pregnant.

this theory has been rolling around for some time, maybe new information here:

Research in Italy suggests that a ‘gay gene’ survive through the generations
http://queermeup.com/research/research-i...nerations/
any way follow the link on the above page to:
http://www.livescience.com/2623-gays-dont-extinct.html
subsequent links seem to be interesting as well...
[Image: gay-couple-romance.jpg]
"
Camperio-Ciani and his team hypothesize that the genes they modeled may cause people of both sexes to be extremely attracted to men, which would lead men with the genes to pursue relationships with other men, while causing women with the genes to have more sexual partners, and become pregnant slightly more often than an average woman. This system does not address causes of homosexuality in women.
"

Yup, I read that to the hubby this morning over breakfast. :tongue:

I don't like the fact that scientist and religous people try to "figure" us out, because if that's the case, then why don't they do research on themselves as well?

Why are any of us the way we are? Obviously genetics has something to do with it, but I believe it's also a spiritual thing.

I've never liked "boy" stuff, like Cars and Bikes and Wrestling and what not, but it doesn't mean something is wrong with me, it just means I don't like those things or am not interested in them.

Humans by nature are curious creatures, and of course it would be nice to learn about things we don't understand, but I feel like they look at Homosexuality as an abnormal plight that must be rectified[not pun intended].

Homosexuality, in Males & Females, has been around for years. The Greeks & Romans were the first civilization[in recorded history and to my knowledge] to explore relationships outside of male/female and openly worshipped the male body/anatomy. Men frequently rubbing each other down in oil in preparation for atheletic events, where they also ran naked.

Men used to perform an act called; Pedarasty, in which an older male teachs a younger male[of a certain age] the art of sex and in turn forms bonds between men in general. The act usually included, full anal penetration[of the younger male only], oral sex and even sleeping together in the same bed.

Boys would be sent to male mentors, just for this reason. To make them "Men" and teach them. This also helped in War, where a Man would fight for another man, thus in such boosting his drive and morale, determined to impress the man he was fighting for and help with the war. It wasn't always sexual or romantic, but it was there.

Many men did this and even recorded such things down, proclaiming they'd give-up their lives for the man they protected.

Women also performed sexual acts on each other, but it had to be clandestine, because women were never meant to exploit/experiment with their sexuality openly and were only meant for men's pleasure and to bear children.

Although there is one recorded woman, who's name I cannot recall, who kept several mistresses in wating, while she went to war as a female warrior. She was the daughter of a noblemen and would write letters to her partners, telling them she loved them.
~

Then the Amazons, who were thought to be 100% lesbian, only having children to carry on their tribe, mated with the Gargareans, an all male tribe. They sometimes kidnapped, raped or mudered the Gargareans, just for female children and gave the male children back to the Gargareans.

So this isn't something that just "popped up" over night. People need to open their eyes to the truth and stop letting their closeminded-ness get in the way.

Amazons
~

Thanks for the share Pellaz Loveya

Scientists try to figure out all kinds of stuff, sometimes useful, sometimes not.

The issue with genes is that for most things there are multiple genes and environmental factors that make them happen.

We keep on hearing about diabetes genes, schizophrenia genes and so on. What people tend to forget, is that you can have all those genes and still be diabetes and schizophrenia free. The same works both ways, a diabetic schizophrenic might have none of those genes.

Similarly, sexuality is not a single on/off switch. So no matter how much research they do, the answer to what causes homosexuality will always remain - genes and environment.

Not that I am comparing homosexuality to illnesses or anything :p

"Gay Gene".

I have yet to figure out what all of these scientists are searching for the 'gay gene' when they are not searching for the straight gene.

Seems to me once you find the straight gene that the gay gene will be identifiable, and with the majority of the population insisting they are straight, finding a straight gene should be as easy as finding a mud puddle on a stormy day. Wink

I think sexuality is far more complicated than just a gene. Sexuality for all species that have sex is part of their genetic make-up - the urge to multiply is strong in lifeforms. Well except Pandas who apparently don't seem to mind the whole going extinct thing.

I doubt sex drive is just a gene, I suspect that its a combination of genes that everyone has and that how those genes turn on and off determine who is attracted to whom.

I further suspect that it serves many purposes, from insuring the survival of the tribe (More working adults, less procreating adults thus more resources for a smaller population of children unable to produce resources) to making certain we all have fabulous wardrobes and a sense of style (Which actually does serve a psychological and sociological need of the human species).

Humans are complex social animals. Thus we are born with an innate sense of trying to be more than animals. however when we consider the other species that have displayed homosexual and bisexual tendencies, we get the impression that being LGBT is part of the natural order and does serve some purpose that doesn't detract from the fitness of species.

It still doesn't explain homosexuality with women, but I guess the hornbug scientists and others is just fine with women on women as its hot while men on men not. Selective science... On my opinion its no ones business then your own who you want to choose as a partner and what to do together, as long as its not forced and the love between the 2 adult mature individuals are mutual why does it matter to anyone else? :p
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

It also doesn't explain homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

I wonder if there is peer pressure on Dolphins and Penguins to be heterosexual, and I wonder if they choose to to be gay!!!

Persoanlly I couldn't give a flyinf f**k if it is genetic or not. The evidence of my sexual development and the evidence from the animal kingdom tells me it is NATURAL, and that is all that matters to me.

Money could be better spent other than looking for a gay gene.

To me ivbe always said ITS IN THE DNA... The only thing that isnt is....

PREJUDICE!

zeon Wrote:To me ivbe always said ITS IN THE DNA... The only thing that isnt is....

PREJUDICE!

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

What I find interesting is that plenty of identical twins raised together have one who is gay and one who is straight. They're often the same orientation but not always. And that would seem to rule out by environment AND genes as the factor. Something else is going on.