Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay - nature or nuture
curious59 Wrote:...
First question - what made this masculine guy gay (I understand it is nature in the more femine type of guy), but this guy is ALL MAN and was ALL BOY as a youngster.

And second was it rejection by the girl, which turned him or was it the gay guy at college?
It wasn't his parents as they are very traditional and straight. He is an only child and a bit of a mummy's boy however. He is also German (is being gay/bi more common over there than in the English speaking world??)

To quote one little thing you said here, Curious59, I don't think that any parent who is traditional and straight would want their child to grow up gay, and yet it happens time and time again, so that reasoning is flawed. It's got nothing to do with what sort of environment you grew up in, nor with how straight looking or acting or traditional a family is (How do you know if his parents were totally straight? I presume you were never a fly on the wall during their sexual prowesses). As for the cultural and linguistic environment, that again is useless... Different countries have different attitudes to sex and sexuality, so then a gay person would try to conform, probably to whatever is the norm in that country before finding out that they don't fit with the general (straight) pattern. Of course if the society they live in is more permissive, then being able to express one's sexuality truthfully is more likely to happen. In other countries, gays have to hide their identity, marry and have children like anyone else, or be enrolled in the army or holy orders where no one will ask questions about a spouse and kids and where celibacy is the norm.
I think that your reasoning that this man is ALL man and therefore couldn't possibly be gay is also misinformed... We have no idea how his brain and sexuality developed in childhood and adolescence. Maybe he just feels more comfortable with a man by his side, and it's as simple as that.

I can only give advice to say... In life we adapt to our emotions and feelings and they can change anytime unexpedidly we dont ask to be what we are we just adcept ourselves for who we are

i came out at 24, after supressing it since like 12. and had hell (still do) from family trying to get me married.

I am 36 now LOL