Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay pagans / spiritualists / other
I'm spiritual and yes I see God as everything in Nature/Universe and such. What kind of tips or advice are you looking for exactly?

i guess i want to believe the spiritual energy of the human race is greater than the desire to be all powerful and dominating over others - I must be longing to feel that essence touch me once again

I'm not sure what you mean exactly historical.
Do you believe this spiritual energy to be where kindness and good will comes from?

so much negative energy around at the mo - longing for some positive energy to flow around once again - I think it may do

historical Wrote:so much negative energy around at the mo - longing for some positive energy to flow around once again - I think it may do

"Negative" and "positive" energy.....bullshit made up by charlatans to sell their snake oil remedies and personal opinions to those who are gullible.

TRUE insight and understanding isnt about burning incense, chanting mantras, or becoming vegan....its about understanding yourself and the actual REAL world around you. Everything else is bullshit sales tactics.

There is no "negative" there is no "positive" there is only what is, what is not, what is real, and what is false. Until you can understand that and how it affects your center being, then you will be nothing more than a follower of bullshit con-artists.

What do you mean by spiritual? Belief in an after life? god? Conservative values like no sex until marriage? Prayer?

If you're looking for a religion, you might end up disappointed... I was raised Christian, and recently made the decision to reject the faith. Personally, I've found there are no real main stream faiths accepting of homosexuality, which is disappointing. Even today, I talked to someone from the Baha'i faith, which has the central core value of "existing to end prejudice".

...Guess whose marriages they're allowed to be prejudiced against though. Did you guess yet?

Be careful in your search, so as to not set yourself up for disappointment.

~

don't hold back @ MisterTinkles lol

Black magic/White Magic, Positive Energy/negative Energy - BS phrases thrown around by people who do not understand that energy and magic are neutral.

If anything magic is gray and energy is neutral. It is the intent of the user, the purpose of the person that determines if something is positive or neutral (good or evil).

Can't cure if you can't curse, can't curse if you can't cure... A healing spell requires a curse in order for it to work (we curse the ailment/disease.

Spirituality is what you make it to be.

Yes most humans are materialistic, apparently being a tool using species means that there is a certain amount of need to love the material. Strip a human of everything and drop them in the wilderness and they must make tools, have objects in order to survive. Possession of those objects is the difference between survival and death, loss of a simple tool can be death - thus humans developed a sense to maintain a death grip on 'stuff' in order to maintain survival.

Granted this has developed far beyond clinging to a tool in order to survive to include collecting crap to use ownership as a way to mark 'better than', however it all stems from the need to hold on to that jawbone/stick or whatever that cavemen used to beat off death another day or to hunt the next meal.

Finding a balance in all things is different for each person. What one person needs to be comfortable is not always what every person needs.

Your spirituality is finding YOUR balance.

I doubt being a nature loving, tree planting/hugging elf who grows their own food and lives in a 450 square foot domicile is going to work for you. It works for me because I am content with that, and through that contentment I find happiness.

Finding what makes you content, thus finding your happiness is solely up to you.

Religion and spirituality are rarely the same thing. Anyone can pay lip service to a deity, few actually worship and live in a manner that does a deity proud.

To be fair, not all Christians are against homosexuality. True the majority if them are, and the more "outspoken" ones...*cough, cough, Westboro Baptist, cough, cough*... tend to get the majority of the publicity. But more and more Christians are beginning to accept the idea that being gay is a natural part of life and that God does not hate us because of who we love or have sex with. Yes, Christianity, and the world in general has a long way to go before fully accepting homosexuality, but we are making great strides day by day. I highly recommend everyone watching Matthew Vines' video on YouTube. It was a real eye opener for someone like myself who was raised in a Southern Baptist home and struggled with his sexuality for a long long time. Smile

There's this well known letter :

"Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbours. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. Clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan. "

It's a funny way to show that the Bible is in many points obsolete, and believers evolve with society. Unfortunatly, it's still a good excuse for homophobia.