Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay rednecks?
We have a lot of hillbillies but Most lives in northern Sweden or the southern point (Scania / Blekinge) as the towns gets lower and lower populated the further up you move or as most agriculture and farms lies in the far south.

But I've never meet a gay Hillbilly, but I've most lived in town and most rednecks I've meet have been ratter conservative, when it comes to that.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

East Wrote:I hear the term redneck alot...but when it comes right down to it...what exactly IS a redneck?

It is my understanding that the term redneck stems from the West Virginia Coal Mine Wars. The Union members wore red scarves around their necks as a sign of solidarity against the coal companies that were trying to keep unions out. It has since come to be associated with any relatively uneducated blue collar worker, especially those of a white and rural upbringing.

Yes, I know of some gay rednecks. I spoke to one not long ago about hunting pronghorn. He said they tasted like shit because they ate shit. I corrected him, I said they eat sage and grass, but shrimp eat shit and are considered a delicacy . . . for that matter, fish eggs on a cracker is considered a delicacy . . . so, so much for delicacies.

Palestine, Texas is the closest that Greyhound comes to the town I spent much of my childhood in, and it's very redneck. Until this last summer they even hung a Confederate flag over the courthouse. Teachers there have actually believed tornadoes are brought down by spellcasting Satanists. But despite this there's a park (I can't recall the name) known for gay cruising (though the cops keep an eye on it, especially at night).

I've heard all kinds of stories of redneck men sexually harassing male hitchhikers (it seems most girls know better than to thumb it) who were going to the liquor store (where there are a lot of hitchhikers as the counties vary between wet and dry).

I can pass for a redneck when I want to. I suppose I was one once, though I've always been an odd one.

not every american is created equal

ive never met one but my bf who i split up with is a gypsy traveller (romany).... Does that count??