Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay tradespeople
hi guys i am a plasterer in england. do you fellas only use gay tradespeople for jobs? i am still in the closet when in time with the family and freinds so i could not advertise as this but what do you think? is it a bit blinkered as if the other way you would be called homophobic. i am on a plasterers forum and most members on there are actaully ggod people if a bit laddish. only the one time heve seen someone say they are gay and it was recieved well Ride

I'm a painter, well in the Fine Art sense lol!

I use whoever can do the job and not overcharge for it. I'm not paying an ass parade, I'm paying a professional to do what he/she does best and if he/she's gay good for him. So are we, my husband and I. Gays are doing pretty well in business for the most of them... one may support the community, but I won't go with a painter just because he/she's gay.

Jeez, we've had equality for quite a bit in my neck of the woods....can't say that sexuality is really a criterion for me picking trades, lol. I'd usually go by recommendation first. And if the person was hot, bonus. Homophobes are getting harder and harder to find, so less of an issue to avoid them. Wink Most people are pretty indifferent, and if anything appreciate a compliment, hahaha.

Good luck with it. Wink

I wouldn't use as a criterion for hiring someone (except a masseur, or maybe a physician) that he is gay. But, living in a city with a big gay population, there is a gay newspaper, and over the years there have been lots of (presumably) gay guys advertising in it. The ads must get some benefit, or they would not be worthwhile.

I am a painter - as in the whole house type, and a carpenter and a plumber, I have done roofs, hung drywall, plastered, etc. etc. etc. Name it I most likely did it.

I don't hire people to do those sorts of things for me. I do them myself.

Frankly I do not consider who a person has in their bed to be much of a useful bit of data in most trades. Now I would assume that should I ever decide to hire a prostitute, that might be a deciding factor. Uncertain....

And that uncertainty is largely due to the fact that my hiring a prostitute is so far out of character for me that clearly I have suffered a severe enough mental break down to even be straight... *shudders*:tongue:

Jake Wrote:I use whoever can do the job and not overcharge for it. I'm not paying an ass parade, I'm paying a professional to do what he/she does best and if he/she's gay good for him. So are we, my husband and I. Gays are doing pretty well in business for the most of them... one may support the community, but I won't go with a painter just because he/she's gay.
I don't know that website, and I agree with you, but I suppose is a kind of initiative to help LGBT people, to avoid homophobia etc.
;-)

I'm a ... stupid. XD

Most of the time, no. We just hire who is local and reasonable. We did hire someone gay when we wanted some ideas about remodeling, had a gay landscape architect draw up plans for landscaping, and if I was a person into style, which I'm not, I would probably only use someone gay for cutting my hair, because sometimes you need that queer eye.

Not really. I am looking for the best job at the best price.

Now if the gardener is hot, works nude and has good vibes...
I bid NO Trump!

I only use tradespeople who are reliable, and do a good job for a fair price.

Gayness doesn't usually come into it.

Unless they are stripping (my wallpaper) Rofl

OBW
X