Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay villians/hero's/anti-heros
does anybody here know of gay villians, heros, or anti-heros in movies, games, tv ect. ? just something i dont see much( oh and try to think of ones that are main characters, batman and robin dont count!!!!:biggrinSmile

I know of a few some of them are in comics though, I was wondering this so I searched online. John Constantine out of the comics (the ones that based the film was bisexual). Northstar out of the xmen comics was openly gay, Colossus out of the xmen was gay. I think Batwoman was a lesbian (in the newer edition of the comics). Mystique out of the xmen was bisexual. Ummm as for main characters I am unsure but those are a few for you.

Colossus wasn't gay but northstar is. I'm sure there r others.

He was but only in one series of the comics, I think he died too.

Old comic paint our tight suited, flamboyantly colored heroes and villains as straight. Its a rather new concept to consider gay for a super hero. Bi may be more acceptable to a point.

While I have no doubt that many a gay boy and girl idolized and fantasized that __________Man or ______________Woman were 'that way' the reality is that the super hero wouldn't have become popular if they were bent.

Xena: Warrior Princess was bi :p and so was here sidekick/soulmate Gabrielle. Though most things in Xena were subtext, I was surprised the show never truly jumped into the issue of sexuality to the fullest.

A list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_te...characters

XRIMO Wrote:Xena: Warrior Princess was bi :p and so was here sidekick/soulmate Gabrielle. Though most things in Xena were subtext, I was surprised the show never truly jumped into the issue of sexuality to the fullest.

I saw an interview where the characters were officially listed as a romantic couple (ie, canon), and the actress who played Gabrielle was like "isn't it obvious?"

Pix Wrote:A list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_te...characters

I saw an interview where the characters were officially listed as a romantic couple (ie, canon), and the actress who played Gabrielle was like "isn't it obvious?"

They were, but they also had relationships with men. I consider them bi :tongue:

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but has anyone ever played Earthbound? I love the way they approach the subject there :biggrin:

Let's see, one boy in a treehouse in the first town expresses his "admiration" for the main character. And apparently the best friend of Jeff Andonuts has a romantic interest in his long-time room mate. But it's been years since I played it properly so I never noticed it at the time. Like the difference between the things a child and an adult sees when they watch The Simpsons.

Also, in the sequel, Mother 3, the mystical beings "The Magypsies" are clearly gender indeterminate.

I am pretty sure John Constantine was gay or at least Bi.