Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"gaydar" any advice?
I really need help in improving my gaydar. I feel so lonely all of sudden since I don't have any gay friends nearby and I lack the ability to tell who is gay. I guess wrong like 90% of the time. Some of my gay friends told me that they can pick up the vibe from other gay guys. Seriously, I pick up vibe like that all the time but they all turn out to be straight ( as the result, I have crush on 2-3 guys every week :eek: ).
Some friends told me that there is some way to tell someone who is gay base on their behavior ( that does not mean all gay guys have to act like that, it 's just a way to find a certain amount ). For example, when gay guys talk they move their hands lot ( I do too ), many gay guys are fashion freak or a lit pay attention to their appearance a lot ( I do too ), gay guys like Glee ( I do too :biggrin: ), .... etc

So any one has any advice on picking up the vibe? Or do you have any typical behavior of gay guys? just want to know :biggrin:

I don't know how to explain it or give advice, I just... know I guess. >_>
But yeah, I always tell people that one thing that I've noticed a lot is that gay guy tend to make a lot of hand motions when they're speaking, I just happen to as well. Actually, I just look for things that I do. Some, not all have a high voice as well. Of course, there's no way to know who's gay, you could consider yourself a gaydar master and there'd still be someone who you didn't pick up on. Don't go around assuming you know who's gay and getting yourself embarrassed. Rolleyes

Hmm. I don't think I can help much.

For me, I usually prefer to let them approach me. I let them make the first move as my gaydar tends to break down once in a while. It's a safer approach.

Oh yeah, gay guys in general like to stare. They also have gay vibes around them. Some straight guys like to stare too but they stare differently from gay guys.

If a guy stares at me in a 'strange' way, I will smile to him in return. That helps to break the ice. If he smiles back, that could probably mean that he is gay and interested to mingle - wait for him to make the next move afterward. But if the guy doesn't smile back, I would just assume that he is straight and move on. He could also probably be gay but not interested with you.

Quote:Some friends told me that there is some way to tell someone who is gay base on their behavior ( that does not mean all gay guys have to act like that, it 's just a way to find a certain amount ). For example, when gay guys talk they move their hands lot ( I do too ), many gay guys are fashion freak or a lit pay attention to their appearance a lot ( I do too ), gay guys like Glee ( I do too

Not all gay guys are into fashion, Glee and such. I know few gay guys that are 100% look and act like straight guys. I personally like fashion but am not into Glee, Cher and Kylie Minogue. I love hiking, trekking and camping as much as I love shopping.

I have quite a deep voice, don't think I wave my hands around more than most people and I have tried a couple of times and have utterly failed to get through a single episode of Glee. I have never been a "fashion freak" - usually I can't find clothes that I would like to wear, so I don't bother, unless I need a new pair of jeans when the old ones get too shabby to wear for work. When I do find something I like a lot of people think my choices odd.

I'd go with eye contact/smiling and (I know it's slightly radical, but ... ) talking to someone. Wink

How to find out if someone is gay or not:

Kiss them!

A) If they shut their eyes, their gay.
B) If they shut yours, their not.

little joke I found funny, though you'd have to have a huge amount of guts to use this technique and not be afriad of being punched in the face now and again XD

Jay Wrote:Hmm. I don't think I can help much.

For me, I usually prefer to let them approach me. I let them make the first move as my gaydar tends to break down once in a while. It's a safer approach.

Oh yeah, gay guys in general like to stare. They also have gay vibes around them. Some straight guys like to stare too but they stare differently from gay guys.

If a guy stares at me in a 'strange' way, I will smile to him in return. That helps to break the ice. If he smiles back, that could probably mean that he is gay and interested to mingle - wait for him to make the next move afterward. But if the guy doesn't smile back, I would just assume that he is straight and move on. He could also probably be gay but not interested with you.

Not all gay guys are into fashion, Glee and such. I know few gay guys that are 100% look and act like straight guys. I personally like fashion but am not into Glee, Cher and Kylie Minogue. I love hiking, trekking and camping as much as I love shopping.

For me, I am in closet so it 's very difficult for guy approaches me first. I act totally straight but I do emit gay vibe. One of my co worker who is gay told me so. There were guys randomly stare and give me a cheeky smile, but I doubt they are gay because I always smile back but nothing happen :frown:

I've never seen Glee, I don't move my hands when I talk, and I don't know dick about fashion. I just like dick and know a fantabulous ass when I see one. Wink So if there are lot out there like that, I can see how it can be pretty hard to tell who's who. I would say I'm lucky on a college campus where there's little to no stigma about it and people are more out in the open, but from what I hear the gay community here is generally pretty vicious...not surprising considering the general "high school part 2" mentality that pervades this place, gay or straight or whatever one may be.

[FONT="Arial"]d help in improving my gaydar. I feel so lonely all of sudden since I don't have any gay friends nearby and I lack the ability to tell who is gay. I guess wrong like 90% of the time. Some of my gay friends told me that they can pick up the vibe from other gay guys. Seriously, I pick up vibe like that all the time but they all turn out to be straight ( as the result, I have crush on 2-3 guys every week :eek: ).
Some friends told me that there is some way to tell someone who is gay base on their behavior ( that does not mean all gay guys have to act like that, it 's just a way to find a certain amount ). For example, when gay guys talk they move their hands lot ( I do too ), many gay guys are fashion freak or a lit pay attention to their appearance a lot ( I do too ), gay guys like Glee ( I do too :biggrin: ), .... etc

So any one has any advice on picking up the vibe? Or do you have any typical behavior of gay guys? just want to know :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

just be yourself, it will come naturally. You are trying too hard, you will only fustrate yourself. sometimes they come to you, guys that is. Your gaydar will grow the more that you become yourself, just don't over do it. Be real in who you are!!

Anonymous you have 284 posts on here Take the bag off your head and let us talk to you in person give name give a pic STOP HIDING

oh yes read my signitures