Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gaypride
great stuff Joseph, sounded like an amazing day plus you got to show everyone your dance moves Xyxthumbs

yes i was dancinbg. it was very good i was abit shy but hannah helped me and pople talking to me it was very kind hannah done

was very kind of Hannah to take you mate, good you over came your shyness once you got chatting to people

We had a wonderful day! Joseph and I arrived at the park around lunch time, where we had a lovely picnic. We then had a look round some of the various stalls and stands- Joseph really enjoyed collecting lots of leaflets and purchased some gay pride stickers!

We then watched some of the acts in the big stage; there were some very nice hunky men which we both enjoyed watching! Laugh2 We also saw a few of my friends there, and they all thought I had a really cool gay brother. :biggrin:

After that we went home for a little rest, to regain our energy for the street party. On returning, we went outside to watch the dancers, singers and drag acts on the outdoor stage on the gay scene. It was nice and warm and dry, miraculous for Newcastle! We had a good dance, and Joseph was fascinated by the drag queens! Also, mingling in the crowd, Joseph was very popular with some of the guys; a few of them wanted to give him a big hug, to which he of course agreed! and as Matty says, many admired his dancing too! I think it was a god confidence boost for Joseph, because he was hardly shy at all. Finally, we went into some of the bars, to dance a little more.

A great day! What a shame we have to wait a whole year until the next!

Well, the good news is, Lilmy, that you don't have to wait a whole year to dance some more or to sing some more... That can be done at ANY TIME... lol. I'm glad you both had such a good time, and was happy to hear all about it in a chat a few days ago. Joseph seems to be growing less and less shy these days, and that is very positive. I liked the bit about the hugs... xxxx

I went to the Newcastle Pride, too. For the second year running, I actually courted hypocrisy and marched through the streets with all the banner-waving trannies and proud Mothers.

Yet I loved it. It's just so happy and vibrant, you can't fail to enjoy it.

And when the drums start up, I, too, get a lump in my throat and swell up with that very emotion - pride.

I've always believed - and still do to a degree - that Pride events are just forcing our sexuality on everyone else around us. But when you're attending, amongst like minds who've suffered like problems, you just don't care.

Roll on next year. I'm actually considering being more gay, especially. I felt like I stuck out.

Dan

I'd agree to not force my sexuality on straight people by not having pride events if they agree not to talk about engagements, marriages, births, etc.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I'd agree to not force my sexuality on straight people by not having pride events if they agree not to talk about engagements, marriages, births, etc.

Really? I don't see how they're comparable in the slightest to be honest with you

You don't find people talking about their marriages is effectively them forcing their sexuality on to you?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Not at all to be honest.
Forcing their relationship on me yes (to an extent) but not sexuality.
I don't really see people in terms of sexuality though, as i have loads of gay/bi/straight/whatever friends, so i tend to see people more in terms of single or taken or married or whatever rather than gay etc.
Perhaps thats why