Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going into the lion's den
Well next Saturday I have to go to a family party. Most of my family have been sent an invitation, but mine was never sent. I know this because my sister got hers a month ago.
I was talking to my grandmother whose party it is, and she put me on the list, however I have a feeling something is up. The people, who are organising the party, are my uncle and over half, who are born again Christens.
I’m really uncomfortable, that whole side on give me the creeps, feels like they are always pretending to be nice to me. I’m really worried something is going to happen.
Should I try and get out of it? I don’t trust these people as far as I can throw them. I have a really bad feeling about it.

I don't know, Sweets... I hope you are mistaken, but can you avoid going, since it is a party thrown for your grandmother, and wouldn't she be upset that you didn't go? However, if you didn't get an invitation, I find it strange. You could always use that as an excuse. You weren't invited, so you didn't think you should go. What exactly is that bad feeling that you have? What sort of trick do you think that uncle and aunt of yours are going to pull on you?

I'm getting very nervous about this....

I can see that... Is it possible for you to talk about it with your grandmother, or don't you trust her either?

Isn't the worst that can happen to you the fact that your uncle and his other half might be hypocritical towards you... But since you know that, it's not going to be difficult to deal with, is it? Stick with the people you like and love and keep away from those two. Who else are you afraid of? And why the bad feeling? Have you come out to the family?

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't know, Sweets... I hope you are mistaken, but can you avoid going, since it is a party thrown for your grandmother, and wouldn't she be upset that you didn't go? However, if you didn't get an invitation, I find it strange. You could always use that as an excuse. You weren't invited, so you didn't think you should go. What exactly is that bad feeling that you have? What sort of trick do you think that uncle and aunt of yours are going to pull on you?

Price you maybe right, well I hope you are.

It got be my disabitly that is the problem, with my uncle and that. But I don't know.

Well they don't let me near and other the younger members of the family with out some watching my like a hwak..

When I had a boyfriend, the thing what the homophic people at my college used to call me Michel Jacksion, and thats what some of my cousions call me behind my back (still in ear shot) and not in front of my parents..

I havent came out to that side of the family, but my Nan knows from my sister, so I'm guessing then my name has told the rest..

Infect my Nan meet my ex..

princealbertofb Wrote:I can see that... Is it possible for you to talk about it with your grandmother, or don't you trust her either?

I'm not sure, I feel when I talk to her on the phone, she just rushes me to finish the call..

Well let's hope it's nothing homophobic.... But I sense that you are still not completely comfortable with it. However you have nothing to be ashamed about. OK? You're fine. Confusedmile:

Just don't go, lol...I mean, even if nothing happens and they are just acting weird, why should you 'suffer'? Jes' say to hell with it and... :]