Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good part-time jobs?
I been looking for a year and nothing, good look with that xx

I go with Retail - Hours are decent, pay is alright, overtime is flexible Smile Been in retail 3 years now :O!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I work at a taning salon. its like 5$ an hour, but its better than nothing and I can tan for free. Point being, family owned places are the absolute best to work for because your not under strict corporate control.

Not to mention flirting with the obviously gay guys that pass through :biggrin:

I saw some job postings this spring by the Fed. Gov. that seemed cool. They had several openings for part time, seasonal assistants to field archeologists and environmental scientists.

Out of curiosity whats the age that you can start work in America?
[/COLOR]

It depends on the state. I started working when I was 13. I grew up in a state which was largely agrarian, and, since children often, traditionally helped with farm work, the age was younger than many places. Typically the age is around 16. However, certain jobs require you to be older depending on the nature of the work.

Oh its not so bad then - I expected it to be lower for some reason :p
[/COLOR]

Ummm . . . no, we do have child labor laws, Twazzle, and we have had them for a while now. We have environmental regulations and even laws regarding the treatment of animals.

We may be a poor, backwater of a place, but we's got all the modern conveniences like indoor plumben and electrificized light bulbs too. Maybe someday we will get that thing y'all call the internet. Sure was a swell idea who ever come up with it. Maybe someday we'll catchup t' y'all over there across the big pond.:tongue:

Vivanetx Wrote:Not to mention flirting with the obviously gay guys that pass through :biggrin:

I thought that is expressly what guys at tanning salons were employed to do. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.