Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gray hair invasion!
hey everybody.
so when i became 17, my hair started going gray, but not very gray. to day it is kinda noticeable. a year ago i found some gray hair in my beard and now i just found a few on my chest.
the thing is i am 28, not you but not that old either.
i got here, i just started building my future and going to school, so by the time i graduate, my hair will go fully, or 90%, gray.
so what about the job market and interviews? everyone prefers the young.
anyone who sees me thinks i am at 35yo. and this society is very youth driven one, especially the the gay one.
i am not saying gray hair is bad, in fact i do find it attractive on many guys (depends though), but not even in my 30s and i have single gray hairs on my beard and chest, with a good bunch in my hair (head hair).

I don't have a gray hair problem, but I am bald. I started going bald at 22.
I fought it for a couple of years, but I came to the realization that it's just part if who I am, now I own it, I shave my head with a razor ever 2-3 weeks.
You are who you are my friend, own it, be confident in it.    

Richard

Two words for you dye job.

My hair started going gray when I started teaching and I'm sure that's no coincidence. Teaching is an extremely stressful job and this can affect your hair.

As for baldness, the only effective treatments are Propecia and minoxidil. Propecia is, however, a dangerous drug and side effects may include sexual dysfunction and loss of libido.

Here's a trick for grey hair and men; trust me you'll be fine.

Some grey is sexy. If it looks like highlights in your hair, I think its nice. I love "salt and pepper" hair.

I dye my hair, because its become "mousy brown" and I dont like how dull it looks.
Plus I bipassed grey hair and went to "fishline" hair. I have a lot of fishline hair. Thats hair that has no color in it.

I do have SOME white hair, as you can see in my goatee. But its not enough to fret about.
I like my "dragon stripes" in my goatee. I have been dying my goatee dark brown the past few months...which is the color I dye my hair. But Im thinking of letting the dragon stripes come back in.
And yeah, they naturally came in like that.

You might go to reputable salon and ask if the grey coming in is considered attractive for your type of hair or not. If it is, see what hairstyles may work with the grey in your hair. If not, get a dye job....or use Grecian Formula.

strangerrr Wrote:hey everybody.
so when i became 17, my hair started going gray, but not very gray. to day it is kinda noticeable. a year ago i found some gray hair in my beard and now i just found a few on my chest.
the thing is i am 28, not you but not that old either.
i got here, i just started building my future and going to school, so by the time i graduate, my hair will go fully, or 90%, gray.
so what about the job market and interviews? everyone prefers the young.
anyone who sees me thinks i am at 35yo. and this society is very youth driven one, especially the the gay one.
i am not saying gray hair is bad, in fact i do find it attractive on many guys (depends though), but not even in my 30s and i have single gray hairs on my beard and chest, with a good bunch in my hair (head hair).
Consider yourself lucky, a friend of mine from highschool was completely bald by 18.
We are all different, but different doesnt mean "bad". Look at Anderson Cooper! Grey can be sexy!

a little bit salt and pepper is quite sexy you know....but then again, that's just how I see it.

If your hair is black then you most likely have copy errors in the DNA which leads to the erroneous grey hair. Methinks a lot of people get the occasional grey hair now and then even the young folk, but they have lighter shades of hair so it doesn't stick out.

If you are concerned about it, speak to your doctor.

It could be a thyroid or pituitary issue or a B-12 issue (not enough b-12 and essential vitamin) http://www.webmd.com/beauty/hair-nails/a...re-graying may make for an interesting read.

However its most likely genetics and there are dyes and shampoos you can use to cover if you want to.

My ex/roommate is so vain he has dyed his head red, shaved his chest and belly, shaved off his goatee and stach 5 years ago... Vainity and fear/dread of old age keeps him in the bathroom for hours with the beard trimmer and tweezers.

I on the other hand cherish each and every single one of my white and grey hairs - I earned every single one of them fairly, and if someone doesn't like it that is their own damned problem and they can go to hell.

Honestly - consider these grey hairs as a good way to keep the shallow souls at bay. You don't want shallow in your life.

Truth is, I'm 29 and have A LOT of grey hair. I first started noticing it in highschool, and from then on it started taking over. I normally dye my hair, so I rarely think about it, but whenever it grows out I'm always shocked by how much grey there is. Tis' a bit scary...

.. but at the same time, I still HAVE my hair, and it isn't thinning much, so for that I'm grateful :p (no offense to bald people).

That said, I see nothing wrong with grey, and actually on some guys it can look quite sexy. There's this one guy at our college who looks like he's in his early to mid 30's.. who has a full head of this perfectly silver hair that looks SO good on him in a sophisticated/sexy type of way.. :p. I always attempt to hide the fact that I'm nearly drooling over him as he passes by...

Erm..

So I guess for some folks it works, and for others maybe not. It's all up to you, as long as you feel good about yourself in the end.