Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gray hair invasion!
I suppose having Thick,Black and Red Mixed Hair in Dreadlocks makes me ineligible for this doesn't it? Tongue

A friend of mine, who is black, started growing white hair in Middle School, but still had Black Hair is some spots. But this I find is pretty rare. At least for Black people, it seems it's common for white people.

It makes me curious as to why White Men always have receding hairlines and bald spots more frequently than Black Men...It can't be as obvious as Coarseness....

I think you gotta rock what ya got!

Shake dem Dreads! Whether their grey,black or Invisible(bald) Wink

Ah, don't worry about it. It doesn't seem to have bothered someone like Anderson Cooper all that much. Wink

Personally I have a few grays hair and there, but I usually buzz my hair anyway so it's not that noticeable.

thanks guys for your comments. i am really not that worried about dating, since it is the last thing i could thing of right now, i am more concerned about the job market, interviews with employers; is it a negative thing to have salt and pepper during these interviews?
and as i said, hook ups and dating are the last things to me, it's been a very long time since i met someone. besides i do like gray hair on guys, especially the beard around the chin, pretty weird.
also, i don't see myself dying my hair at all; if i had gray hair i would just leave it.
again thanks a lot.

strangerrr Wrote:thanks guys for your comments. i am really not that worried about dating, since it is the last thing i could thing of right now, i am more concerned about the job market, interviews with employers; is it a negative thing to have salt and pepper during these interviews?
and as i said, hook ups and dating are the last things to me, it's been a very long time since i met someone. besides i do like gray hair on guys, especially the beard around the chin, pretty weird.
also, i don't see myself dying my hair at all; if i had gray hair i would just leave it.
again thanks a lot.

I don't think hair colour has ever consciously been a factor when I've been interviewing candidates. However, it is only natural for people to apply generalisations when you have a limited time to talk to someone and decide if they are right for the job.

That said, if I was interviewing candidates for a senior position any greyness in the hair would probably suggest a greater maturity. If it was for a graduate position it might not work in your favour.

I also want to be clear that these would not be concious factors and I mostly conduct the technical portion of the interview and there are clearly correct and incorrect answers. The Project Manager assesses personality and team fit (Other than a gut reaction, I wouldn't even know where to start with that!).

I was blond when I interviewed for my current job. I'm Copper Gold now. I don't make is a secret that I dye my hair. I started to go grey about 10 years ago (just the odd hair here and there) and it started to get noticeable about 2 years ago and I'm not ready for that.

hmmmm nothing wrong with my hair lmao!!!

I have some gray's & have for years (not too noticeable though) I really don't care
In the past year I've notice it really getting thinner (especially on top) if i go bald i'll hate looking like a freak, but there's nothing I can do about it

OlderButWiser Wrote:You don't look very white haired in your profile pic ;-)

ObW
X

No, I do have quite a few though. Camera doesnt always oick them up.