Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gray hair invasion!
I agree with most comments so far. Grey or silver hair can be quite attractive on some people. I think that my hair is pure white now but I've haven't seen it because I've been dying my hair for years. I use "Just for Men" because it's effective and it doesn't take long.

One tip, if you're going to dye your hair, make sure that is a slightly lighter colour than your own shade. If you dye it darker it will look unnatural. Valentino, the Italian fashion designer used to dye his jet black and he looked like a freak. Another tip is that you don't have to use all of the dye in the two bottles. I find that I can usually get three dyes ourt of one pack. And another tip. There are usually plastic gloves supplied so you don't get the dye on your hands. I don't use gloves and I don't rub the dye in to my hair with my fingers. I use an toothbrush to apply it. I find I have more control where the dye goes.

Sorry if that makes me shallow Bowyn Aerrow

Grey hair makes people look mature u.u I'm going to lose my hair and I'm not even 21 u.u

Lots of my friends have grey hair, and they all had salt and pepper hair at age 14! And I suspect a whole lot of other people have it too, because I only notice the people who have black hair having grey hair. My eyes aren't good enough to see a grey hair in a head of platinum blonde!

I got my first grey hair at about 8 years old, but I've not gotten much more, just about 5 overall.

If it bothers you that much, hair dye is readily available at the supermarket, but in my opinion if people say you look older than you are, use it to your advantage! get people's respect!

Besides, nobody decent will really judge you based on your hair colour Tongue (... isn't that what Nazism was about)
xD

Im have the classic look of salt & pepper hair & beard and going bald on top.

My solution - crew cut all the way, even on the beard ;-)

ObW
X

My hair started going white when I was 12, I was mortified when I found out but now I really don't care about it. Most guys I've dated have found it hot, and I still get ID'd for bars haha. I've never dyed my hair either.

Chas Wrote:My hair started going white when I was 12, I was mortified when I found out but now I really don't care about it. Most guys I've dated have found it hot, and I still get ID'd for bars haha. I've never dyed my hair either.

You don't look very white haired in your profile pic ;-)

ObW
X

Grey hair does not actually exist and you can dye it that colour, but it's an expensive business dyeing it silver... We have white hairs and coloured hairs.... that's what it really is. At one point your hair looks grey because of the mixture or dark and melanineless hairs. Like my grandma before me, I started having white hair in my early thirties... in truth it followed the death of my younger brother but it is partly genetic. I have dyed it in the past, and it was ok for a while, but now I just find it would be a bore. I would do it if the job (acting for example), required it.

I am 32 and still haven't got any grey hairs. Smile
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:I am 32 and still haven't got any grey hairs. Smile

OMG I'm so jealous!

Do you have a stressful life / job?

Some tips for dyeing hair.....

Before you put it in your hair, rub a small bit on the base of your neck for 5 minutes.
This is to see if you are allergic to it. It may burn a tiny bit, and it might turn the skin red a bit, but if its more than you can bear, then dont use that dye.

There are addatives to hair dyes that keep them from burning. There are also organic hair dyes that do not contain any harsh chemicals, but you have to dye more often. And there are dyes for sensitive skin too.

I would go to a supply store that deals specifically with hair products. The people there can help you best.

Use rubber gloves or put on hand cream on your hands before you put dye in your hair.
This will keep the dye from staining your hands.

You can used a toothbrush for moustaches, beards, goatees, and eyebrows.

You can use a fine tooth comb to even out the dye in your hair, once applied.

The longer you leave it in, the darker it gets....or the blonder it gets, whatever color you are using.

Once you have dyed your hair and washed it out and rinsed it well, use some top brand conditioner for color treated hair, such as Pantene. Use this for the next three days. This will help keep the color from fading too fast.

If you like highlights, and dont want to really dye your hair, there are Henna shampoos. There are different color henna shampoos for different highlights. You can talk to someone at the hair care supply store about this. The thing with henna is, depending on what kind of hair type you have, it will help turn the grey hair to the highlighted color. It is very faint at first, and you may have to use the same color henna shampoo for a few months before you really see it. Its very subtle, but it is noticable to people who havent seen you often.

If you take vitamins, take vitamins for hair. This will help keep your hair healthy, so all the dyeing wont kill it off.

I not only color my hair, I use shampoos and conditioners specifically designed to grow hair. And one month a year I use Rogaine foam in my hair, to help it from not falling out. You probably wont need this extreme measure, but I need it....as Ive gotten older, my hair has gotten baby fine, and it has thinned a bit.

Hope that helps out some.