Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromatica - new album by Lady Gaga
[Image: lady-gaga-coronavirus.jpg]

Sadly for Gaga fans - the release date has been delayed and remains uncertain due to all the COVID-19 madness.

Titled Chromatica. That's the name of the planet she is on in the "Stupid Love" video - it sounds like a variation of word 'chromatic' which means brilliant, intensely hued, bright, flashy, florid.

To mark her comeback - an unexpected billboard with “Lady Gaga is back!” was erected on a Los Angeles street corner.

Here's what I know so far about the new album itself:

The tracklist was leaked by US retailer Target on April 22.

Gaga later confirmed the leak herself when she officially announced the tracklist later that day.

Verifying the existence of previously rumoured songs “Babylon” and “Free Woman”.

The complete tracklist is:

“Chromatica I”.
“Alice”.
“Stupid Love”.
“Rain On Me” (ft. Ariana Grande).
“Free Woman”.
“Fun Tonight”.
“Chromatica II”.
“911”.
“Plastic Doll”.
“Sour Candy” (ft. BLACKPINK).
“Enigma”.
‘Replay”.
“Chromatica III”.
“Sine From Above” (ft. Elton John).
“1,000 Doves”.
‘Babylon”.

Alongside the bonus songs, “Love Me Right”, a piano version of “1,000 Doves” and a Vitaclub Warehouse Mix of “Stupid Love”, all of which will be available when ordered through Target.

The new album was originally slated for an April 10 release.

Gaga will duet with Ariana Grande, BLACKPINK and Elton John.

Ariana shared the tracklist only minutes after Gaga did, sending social media into a frenzy as their respective fanbases clashed.

[Image: 138848.jpeg]
Ariana wished Gaga a happy birthday in a since-deleted Instagram post.

An alleged excerpt of "Babylon" has leaked and started to appear on Gaga fan profiles and Twitter.

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

‘Stupid love’ and the excerpt above/below get a resounding meh from me. Stock dance music, excitement nonexistent. But as someone who became a fan with ARTPOP, I shouldn’t be surprised that she has no intention to tap that well again. She usually manages a handful of great songs per Album, so I remain optimistic.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

It's hard to believe she got famous right when I was in high school. Her music videos were always something to help take the humdrum away. Sadly the shock value started to wear off, both as we preemptively expected her to be eccentric, and as she started to dial it down. I miss the meat dress, to be honest. Bring back the meat dress!