Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guy who never drink alcohol
will you date / be in a relationship with a guy who abstains from alcohol (but does not mind his partner drinking)?

Why wouldn't I? I seldom drink myself. I don't like alcohol, even wine or beer. I do occasionally sip at a drink to be polite socially but it's not something I crave. But even if I were a drinker -- short of being an alcoholic -- why would I care if my partner didn't drink?

why not? what would be the problem with that?

i'd have a much bigger problem with a guy who's constantly drunk, than with a guy who never drinks at all. actually, i have no problem with people who never drink. i don't even understand how this could be an issue. what exactly would the problem be here, in your imagination?

alcohol is overrated anyway. i don't drink, but i do other things, to know that alcohol is complete garbage in comparison.

Yeah sure , no problem with not being a drinker , I drink very little alcohol myself.

SOMEONE has to be the designated driver!!!

[Image: beer-cheers-beer-male-smiley-emoticon-000175-large.gif][Image: very-drunk.gif][Image: drunk.gif]

I prefer a guy that doesn't drink a lot, but I wouldn't mind if he did drink as long as he would respect that I don't. (yes there are people that said no to going out with me as apparently I was too boring for not drinking, really???)

I think this is a trial and error thing. A person saying that they don't drink can mean lots of things. My roommate, who is straight, hardly ever has a drink. He does not mind if I drink, but yet he does express a certain attitude if I have a couple of drinks two or three days in a row. You just have to find out how it is with the person you are dating.
I bid NO Trump!

I hardly drink (don't particularly enjoy being drunk and there's too many calories...I like my abs)

But I don't mind people drinking around me. Clearly my partner doesn't mind too as he settled down with me.

What are you wondering about?

I find it a rather strange question. Why would it matter? I drink very occasionally (wine on social occasions and non alcoholic beer) and I have a very good friend who doesn't drink at all.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The other question about it would be why he doesn't*drink alcohol: the situation would be different if he is a former alcohol addict, or if he doesn't drink alcohol due to his religion or due to unhappy past (alcoholic parents) or an other bad experience...

In the first case you have to deal with it and not place him in danger*; in the other cases it's just a question of mutual respect and tolerance and understanding...