Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hairstyles = bleh.
Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem as me with finding a hairstyle or haircut that works for them.

You see, mine is really thick naturally and tends to grow out thicker and thicker before it gets longer - is fairly spiky and slightly wavy on the sides and back.

This means that hairdressers have a bit of bother cutting it to suit a style I like as I have to wait AGES for it to grow long enough to have it textured/layered yaddy yadda.

It's at that stage right now where it's thick, but short at about 1-2 inches long but I can't do much with it at all other than spike it a bit and hold it in place, I love to style my hair and do different stuff with it because otherwise, it just looks puffy, dry, fluffy and boring.

I want to have it thinned out and cut short, maybe even dye it a slightly darker colour, and for whatever reason the thought of adding purple tips or a few random strands in purple appeals to me, just can't find a style to suit me that won't go horrendous a few weeks later Cry

Can any of you lot here help me out a bit and spam me some links to some half decent short hair styles, I have a job interview coming up next week and a few more photo shoots so I need to do something with it, have to drive my motorbike so leaving it long is a nono as helmet + long hair leads to disaster for me.

I kind of fancied these ones below and yes, I know one is of justin bieber shhhhh I like him :redface:

http://www.hairstyleagain.com/wp-content...rstyle.jpg

http://hairstylecrew.com/wp-content/uplo...aircut.jpg

but would like some help Sad

Here's a few random ones I found and I liked. Probably more along the lines of something I'll do if I decide to go back to short hair again, but I dunno.

[Image: Short-Hairstyles-For-Short-Hair-5.jpg]

[Image: 81653681_10.jpg]

Also, I should add that if you want to try coloring the tips of your hair, try some temporary spray-in Halloween hair dye. That usually works and will come out within one/two washings, if not one fully. Also -- if you bleach the tips, color them and don't like it, you can always just dye it black. That usually cancels out all the color.

my last hairstyle : I had some synthetic blue dreads in my back, short on the sides and a bit long hair in front. I hate using gel and wax. You should check your resistance 1st Tongue

MidgetGem Wrote:Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem as me with finding a hairstyle or haircut that works for them.

You see, mine is really thick naturally and tends to grow out thicker and thicker before it gets longer - is fairly spiky and slightly wavy on the sides and back.

This means that hairdressers have a bit of bother cutting it to suit a style I like as I have to wait AGES for it to grow long enough to have it textured/layered yaddy yadda.

It's at that stage right now where it's thick, but short at about 1-2 inches long but I can't do much with it at all other than spike it a bit and hold it in place, I love to style my hair and do different stuff with it because otherwise, it just looks puffy, dry, fluffy and boring.

I want to have it thinned out and cut short, maybe even dye it a slightly darker colour, and for whatever reason the thought of adding purple tips or a few random strands in purple appeals to me, just can't find a style to suit me that won't go horrendous a few weeks later Cry

Can any of you lot here help me out a bit and spam me some links to some half decent short hair styles, I have a job interview coming up next week and a few more photo shoots so I need to do something with it, have to drive my motorbike so leaving it long is a nono as helmet + long hair leads to disaster for me.

I kind of fancied these ones below and yes, I know one is of justin bieber shhhhh I like him :redface:

http://www.hairstyleagain.com/wp-content...rstyle.jpg

http://hairstylecrew.com/wp-content/uplo...aircut.jpg

but would like some help Sad

I have exactly the same problem, my hair gets thick but there is relatively little length to it making it harder to do something different with it. I would recommend you don't use hair gels when styling because it doesn't work so well with thicker hair. What I use on my hair is hair wax/paste I use the one from L'oreal the one with the red top and it let's me style my hair differently and actually hold properly. Another one I can totally recommend is Lynx Clean Cut Styling Wax as it feels a lot nicer for your hair, gives you a nice clean style with very little frizz and leaves hardly any residue after you wash your hair. I tend to use hair straighteners too if I have time to make things easier for my hair.

Eep... I don't know if I can help very much, not having straight hair and all...

But I personally like when a White guy [or a guy who's hair grows straight - Spanish/Indian/etc] either grows his hair long :redface: or makes it into a kind of Robin Thicke-ish kind of hair style.

It always befuddles me as to how y'all get your hair to get into these styles, but I suppose you probably wonder the same about other hair types too Biglaugh

[Image: p42021rb6df.jpg]

I know you don't like/want long hair, but I think it's so hawt Dazzler1 lol.

Or

[Image: robin-thicke.jpg]

I had long hair [as noted in "My Transformation" thread], but was really thick, as my hair type is bushy[being mixed and allRolleyes ]. Kind of like Hermione Grangers, but alittle thicker :eek:

I've had 11 hairstyles in the past 2 going on 3 years now, none of them I think you'd like Biglaugh .

Thanks guys, Blue - I'm not too keen on the spiked gel look but thanks for helping out :biggrin: hehe mrk2010 I try to avoid gel, I hate the stuff it looks too chavvy/neddy I also often use the lynx hair styling products if not that then gatsby or moosehead works wonders for me but well.. I can never seem to get it to do anything different like you see in hairstyle pictures Cry thanks Odi Tongue I actually really like the second picture option there but don't think it'd work for me, my fringe refuses to go "up" and instead just goes long, kind of like bangs haha

I don't fight my hair.

I have perfectly straight hair, it grow in thickly - so thick it kind of piles up on the top if I am not careful. But, each individual hair is super fine, wispy, when dry and there is a bit of static my hair literally stands up.

In my late 20's I went with a simple 'boys' hair cut, you know short, parted from the left over the right lots and lots of hair oil (applied oil/AKA grease) to keep it from being unruly. When I met my partner he got me a 'new style'. That I used for 13 years, sheared at the sides with a number 2 cutter to just above the ear (not the outer pointy bit of the year, above the place where they ear meets the head) the rest cut to 1.5-2 inches in length and blended with the sides. Then they would take the scissors that cuts every other strand of hair and work for 20 minutes or so reducing the bulk of my hair down to something more manageable.

As fast as my hair grows I had to get it trimmed every week. Miss a week and it becomes a chore to cut it - go for a month and I looked like a mop.

About 2 and a half years ago I called it quits. I stopped getting hair cuts.

Now may hair has grown to the point where it lays behind my shoulders. If you drew a line across my back from pit to pit, the ends of my hair is on that line. In the morning I hit it with a brush, then use a leather cord to tie it back to where it rests on my neck.

Next year I most likely will go in to have half the length removed. At this rate I should only be going in every 3 years for a hair cut. No more bothering with gels, sprays, grease and making my hair do something it don't wanna do.

I suggest instead of forcing your hair to take a style, you figure out the style of your hair and let it be what it wants to be.

MidgetGem Wrote:thanks Odi Tongue I actually really like the second picture option there but don't think it'd work for me, my fringe refuses to go "up" and instead just goes long, kind of like bangs haha

Sometimes I'm so jealous of y'all... having pretty hair Cry lol .
But I love my Afro! Dazzler1 .

Well... I can't really say anything more, cause I have no clue how y'all's hair works Rofl .

For us[with bushy/afro-ish hair], we either cut it all off and get an outline, braid it or get dreads Biglaugh . Sometimes guys get their hair straightened, but usually only girls do that. Rolleyes

But I will say this; If my hair is too "uneven" looking, like when I get up from sleeping[cause I sleep on my right side], I can just pat the other side down and I'm good to go Rofl or brush it out.

midgetgem, use this mate http://www.got2b.schwarzkopf.com/performance/ got2beglued is amazing, ive had a mowhawk off n on for years - this stuff keeps its supper pointy in a hurricane wind and rain ,,, ive never used anything better for styling ,,, it will honestly let u do what u want with your hair just like in those pictures, u dont alwyays have to have it cut to a style - just put this stuff in and you can really mould it to how u want,, ps it does take some washing out though lol

QueenOdi Wrote:Sometimes I'm so jealous of y'all... having pretty hair Cry lol .
But I love my Afro! Dazzler1 .

Well... I can't really say anything more, cause I have no clue how y'all's hair works Rofl .

For us[with bushy/afro-ish hair], we either cut it all off and get an outline, braid it or get dreads Biglaugh . Sometimes guys get their hair straightened, but usually only girls do that. Rolleyes

But I will say this; If my hair is too "uneven" looking, like when I get up from sleeping[cause I sleep on my right side], I can just pat the other side down and I'm good to go Rofl or brush it out.

I've got really thick curly hair as well, and usually my hair is unkempt enough as it is so even when it's matted down on one side I can rearrange it just enough to look passable anyway. I sometimes wish it was more loose and wavy so that when I grow it out it would hang down more and look as long as it actually is, but it doesn't matter to me enough to do anything more than wash it. Besides, I've lost count of the people who have said they think my fro is awesome :tongue:. Ditto for people who have asked if I'm Jewish.Rolleyes

And Gem I thought your hair looked fine in that one picture you posted a while ago to show your new glasses, nice but not flashy. Confusedmile: