Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate being alone
hi guys.i miss all of you so much.i thought a lot before posting this silly probleme but whatever.it'd been a loong time since the last time i was in a relationship.and the wierder thing is tht i dont want to fall in love again with a guy from this country.im really sick and tired of falling for the wrong guys all the time.please help
alaa
[-] The following 1 member Likes alaa's post:
  •

Your question is exactly why I made this video Smile Hope it helps!

alaa Wrote:hi guys.i miss all of you so much.i thought a lot before posting this silly probleme but whatever.it'd been a loong time since the last time i was in a relationship.and the wierder thing is tht i dont want to fall in love again with a guy from this country.im really sick and tired of falling for the wrong guys all the time.please help
alaa

I doubt it is a location problem.

I discovered that I'm attracted to certain personality 'types' and character traits which in themselves are all wonderful things but sadly they are often connected to other not so wonderful defects of character.... Which lead to me falling for the same guy over and over again - not the same individual, but the same kind of personality which lead to _____________(fill in the blank with some horror).

What you need to do is sit down and right a list of the all the personality traits and character stuff of your past men, and those things that do 'it' for you when you consider a potential mate.

Then you need to diagnose your past mates. Cheater? Abuser? Drug User? Whatever... And try to figure out what out of the set of 'good' qualities you are attracted too actually is found in that sort of fellow.

Example abusers: http://www.pandys.org/articles/revictimization.html

That site explains real well how the dynamics between the abused and abusers work and why it is that so many abused individuals constantly end up falling for another abuser.

This is where you need to do a fearless inventory of your own behaviors and emotions, to figure out why it is you are drawn to X-Type of a guy.

I'm sorry, but anyplace you go on earth, not so nice guys can be found. running to another country will NOT break this chain, you will just end up dating X-Type on an international level.

Yeah, every country has assholes - they just speak a slightly different language while being asshole-ish. Smile

One thing I'd suggest working on - making sure you DON'T hate being alone. It seems like people who are prone to that "I'm just sick of being lonely" feeling are the ones more likely to jump into a relationship - ANY relationship - just because it means not being lonely anymore. Those who enjoy their own company tend to be more selective.

Lex

Lex is right. I was one of those "I hate being alone" types and it got me into a pretty shitty relationship with a pretty shitty person. God, I don't even why I found her attractive to begin with. Even saying "I love you" to her felt empty but I thought feelings would grow if I convinced myself enough. My suggestion, let the right ones come to you. It's not worth going through 10 shitty relationships just to have 1 good one.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

From personal experience, the whole "I need someone in my life or else I'm going to die" is kind of a turn-off to some people. It sends the message, "I don't care who you are, just as long as you will be with me", which is never something people want to feel. They want to feel loved for who they are specifically.
God, I'm such a hypocrite.

Being single sucks, but I don't hate being alone. It's more I'm sick of never finding anyone that sees the world similarly to me; I've dated so many guys that seem great on paper, but then there's no chemistry face-to-face. To echo what others have said already, don't jump into a shitty relationship just to be in one. Be a picky mofo. Hopefully the end result will be worth it for both our sakes.

the wrong type of guy maybe the perfect partner to someone but I know how been alone sucks - I gave up looking ages ago, I just hope someone pops into my life soon though

alaa Wrote:hi guys.i miss all of you so much.i thought a lot before posting this silly probleme but whatever.it'd been a loong time since the last time i was in a relationship.and the wierder thing is tht i dont want to fall in love again with a guy from this country.im really sick and tired of falling for the wrong guys all the time.please help
alaa

Good things happen to those who wait.

JasonUyeyama Wrote:Good things happen to those who wait.

a time a place for everything; but also, you cant keep waiting for mr. right to show up either