Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate being ditch.
I use to love going to clubs but I went with two friends at separate times and cities. Both friends ending up ditching me and I was left alone the whole time. Now there is this guy online who wants to go clubbing and tear up the dance floor. I told hime lets meet somewhere else before that, considering we just started talking on Friday. I don't go to clubs unless I'm with a group of friends or a date. I just don't want to be ditch again and feel like crap.

just moved to my area so I know he is looking for friends atm. Which is cool because I need some new friends. I just know if I end up liking him I'm going to get hurt if I see him him dancing with someone else. What should I do?

Honey I'm with you meet him somewhere else like a small bar or coffee shop where you can be more intimate in a conversational way, what did you think I meant? No seriously clubs are not the best place for a first date, I use the word 'date' as in a one to one meeting. In my experience clubs are pick up joints', this guy may be able to control himself and stick with you or he may act like a kid let loose in a candy store. Personally I would not expose myself to that until you are secure in your friendship. Take care whatever you do and make sure it is what you want. Know yourself first then its easier for others to get to know you.

Oh wow thanks. Best advice in a long time. And I guess me thinking that soneone is out of my league just means that I'm insecure? Cure to fix it?

Always upon meeting someone agree to go for coffee or a drink....within 15 min you will know whether you want to spend more time with them or not.....someone who wants to hook up immediately is usually a bad choice....just sayin

I have been ditched loads of times. I just feel like I'm everyones 2nd choice to hang out with all the time. Or i'm like the last resort to hang out with because their plans got ruined :/ Just be assertive to though friend and say, "I don't appreciate you ditching me like that."

I would get to know him first.
Maybe go out to eat, or have coffee or even see a movie.
Give it at least a month or two, THEN decide if you want to go out clubbing with him.

I have to agree with all the above.

Coffee shop is the best idea.