Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you ever recieved abuse just bacause your gay?
Wilem Wrote:LOL no i meant how could you go for such an awful pun! Laugh1

Very easily. ...I seem to be able to see the funny side of even the most terrible situations. Not something I am proud of. I will give you an example. I worked on the railways for years and one day the service was up the creek and someone came into the mesroom and said the reason was a guy had jumped under a train. I straight away said "Oooh I bet he was cut up about that" before I realised what I had said. After that I felt bad. Cry

Enigma Wrote:Very easily. ...I seem to be able to see the funny side of even the most terrible situations. Not something I am proud of. I will give you an example. I worked on the railways for years and one day the service was up the creek and someone came into the mesroom and said the reason was a guy had jumped under a train. I straight away said "Oooh I bet he was cut up about that" before I realised what I had said. After that I felt bad. Cry

Oooooh!

That's awwful!

Roflmao

Somone once told me that if they where called gay they'd answer with this.

"Your not so straight yourself my friend".

I thought that was pretty smart, I was on the floor laughing like but yeah I have giggle-fits.

I have yet to have a bad experience, which actually makes me feel quite guilty really :S - However that said, my family are already pretty well prepared as my uncle is gay... I also grew up with 3 friends (2 guys, 1 girl) who came out as gay around the same time so I've had quite a lot of support really. Extremely lucky I'd say. Have also worked with loads of gay guys at the bowling alley so yeah.

I once told a girl mate I was gay and she was like "you fuckin' what?" and she started backing away and stuff and I thought oh god, my first bad experience. And she like kept disappearing and wouldn't talk to me which made me a bit upset. After about 10 mins she came over to me and hugged me and was like "I didn't mean to upset you. I thought you was p!ssing about with me!!! I thought you was lying!" coz everywhere she looked everyone was laughing so she thought we were taking the p!ss out of her. Phew!

Sadly have seen a lot of homophobic stuff, and find small towns are the worst

some peeps seem to spend all their time hating gays, and spend more time thinking about gay people than the average gay person,

luckly most people just dont care

I suffered some form of (granted mild) homophobic abuse last night, when me and a guy were making out in the club in the students union and someone threw a drink over us, clearly on purpose...wasn't best pleased. Failed to ruin the moment though so ha fuck you drink throwing idiot lol

futureRD Wrote:There is also less respect towards one another. When you hold the door open for people they are just rude now. When you bump someone, there is more likely to be a fight then an apology. That's the old morals that are being lost. It's becoming less what you can do to help your fellow man and more about what you can do to further yourself.

Maybe it's different in some cities, but from where I've been to visit and seen in my own city, the majority of people are turning into selfish twits without shread of decentcy.

i was recently in new york and everyone was fairly polite, holding the door open got a thank you, someone bumped into me they apologised.
same experiences in Ireland, but maybe i'm just lucky.
i am always polite and courteous (i think i spelled that wrong) but likewise if someones rude to me, i am rude back.
i operate on the treat people how you wish to be treated way of handling things.
a good example is when i was in new york, i was in a shop walking down the stairs and i tripped up (not sure how) and stumbled down a couple of stairs and nearly fell into a woman, i regained my balance and said sorry (she seemed to get a bit of a fright) she replied "don't worry about me, im fine, but are you ok?".
never really had a problem with homophobic abuse, although i was once being introducted meeting a freinds mother and he said to me just as i was about to walk into the room "dont act gay" i was like :confused: wtf? especially because im not steriotypically gay or anything and most people i told were suprised.
i met his mum and everything was grand exept for the fact she freaks me out lol.

Homophobic experience??? Hmmm. Vaguely remember something said at school about my trousers (after all they were purple corduroys from England -- it was a thing we did at the time, you know, the 70s, but purple corduroys were still shocking to some, I guess).

Other than that, what I believed was the most shocking abuse to me was when a woman from Hell started yelling at me & telling me that I was going to Hell for my sins ("What sins?", I wondered. I hadn't done ANYTHING to her, except that I was masked and costumed in the streets of Geneva and no one could have told who was under the costume and mask... I really wondered where that form of abuse came from... an ultra-religious religious freak, I think). I must say I felt perfectly indignant at this woman judging WHO and WHAT I was, not knowing me, not knowing what I did (at the time I wasn't "gay", nor particularly "flaming" lol). For me this was an artistic adventure and I certainly didn't expect to get homophobic comments, especially after all the appreciation I'd heard all weekend. Yes, that experience with this stupid woman was not only indignation but also shock. I didn't realise people could speak so strongly against me as an individual. This was perfectly gratuitous abuse.

Anyway, the most recent abuse came only a couple of months ago from one of my female students. When asked to leave the classroom for technical reasons (she didn't have her stuff to work with) she called me a Faggot. Moi?? A FAGGOT??!!??? I caught up with her in the corridor, asked her to repeat... then thought better of it... said: "No, don't bother. I perfectly heard what you called me. To the Headmistress's office with you! NOW!!"
She was given school discharge for a day and wasn't allowed to appear. Her father did not tell her she was right to call me names, thank heaven. My colleagues think the discharge wasn't enough. I laughed inside myself thinking: "Girl, you don't know how true your words ring. I may be gay, but YOU will NEVER be intelligent! haha." Just for the sake of being called names (never mind that the word she used was FAGGOT), and being the target of disrespect, she deserved her come-uppance.

my mates who know i'm gay call me names but totally in jest. it does get annoying because when there is some healthy banter going they always reference it but I really don't think they mean anything by it at all.

i am lucky enough to live in central london so there is a VERY active and vocal gay community here and with soho being a prime nightspot (both gay and straight) i think people are very much used to seeing it.

no i haven t been abused myself but i know 1 person that was attacked because he was gay