Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you found a partner in your 60's?
hi

I'm 61 and British and have never had any kind of long term relationship all my life and now it's starting to feel like I missed out on something big even tho I never ever met anyone I wanted to be in a relationship with gay men are plagued with massive issues or all the ones I've met - me included

Recently tho I've started to feel it would be nice to think that it still may happen (tho god knows how - I realise the odds are against me or is that just negative thinking?)

what are the statistics for later gay relationships? Anyone on here found love later in life?

I really don't know the statistics, but if it's something you want to have, just go after it. You gotta do what you have to do in life. There is no other way to get it. And it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

Yes, some people have issues (although I would not say that gay men, in general, are noticeable in that regard), but that doesn't mean that they can't be in a relationship. You can't be that picky with it. Most people in our society have problems/issues of one kind or another. And relationship can help. It's the person that matters, and if he's the right one, then nothing else really matters. I truly believe that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Statistics and gay are not a good match. So many are closeted that surveys are more or less pointless. I would look for friends rather than a long term relationship. The relationship may happen but, in my view, friends are needed also and perhaps easier to come by. Still, it would be worthwhile to aim for some sort of active sex life.

Now do as I say and not as I seem doomed to do.
I bid NO Trump!

Theres no reason why you can't. Sure there may be fewer prospects in your age group but I'm sure there are still plenty of good guys that the reaper and the ring havent got to yet.

Especially in London

maybe I should get a dog

people talk to you

qckfox Wrote:maybe I should get a dog

people talk to you
Well if you don't like talking with people, dogs are a good alternative. Cats... they talk too much, too, but you have to know their language.

As for finding a partner past 60... My question is, are you sure that's what you want? Especially if you've never been in a long-term relationship before. Although there are exceptions, most relationships are difficult, precisely for the reasons you mention. But it isn't only gay men who come with baggage of one sort or another. That's just human. True, though, gay men often have a pacific 'set' of baggage that may be unique to our sub-culture.

Someone up above mentioned friendship... To me that's the place to start. Do you have any friends that you've known for decades? If so, then you must have some idea how relationships work.

In this day and age with all the social media around it isn't difficult to 'bump' into gay men of all ages looking either for sex or love or both. It's both a blessing and a curse. It's so easy to just click or swipe, get a very superficial 'hit' of someone, decide the are or aren't worth further attention, and then go from there. It's helpful, I think, if you're very clear within yourself about what you're looking for, what you want. If you have that then you're looking for someone who matches that criteria.

The thing is, though, loving relationships often show up in unexpected ways. The most fundamental part of it is your willingness to be open to letting it happen... and then investing some time and energy into someone you find interesting, seeing what develops.

Hi MikeW
thanks for that reply

I'm getting to a point where FINALLY I think I would be better at a relationship! Like you say though they are all hard

I just want companionship really - I had lots of hospital visits over the last 2 years all completely on my own surrounded by people in groups in the other cubicles and the waiting room - or couples at least - I was often the only one there on my own, most times actually

I wasn't self=pitying about this I've enjoyed single life but I'm not wanting to die without at least having some kind of love relationship and times like that it makes me realise I'm missing out in hard times no matter how strong minded you are

sex has taken a back-burner all my life so it's not about that it's just the idea of loving someone as a partner and being loved back

I do have very old friends who are always telling me what a catch I am and I think they're right

I just want someone like me! can't be so much to ask can it!

I've been open to romance all my life but people say "let it happen" or "you have to make it happen it's not going to just come to the door" it can't be both

do you have a partner?