Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
princealbertofb Wrote:Well Sivvo, we hope to help you to overcome some of your fears. It's nice that a few of your friends know about you. You can use them as your support group when you need them. About telling your family, you might try seeing if there's anyone in your family who might help you out by telling them first, for example a favourite aunt, or uncle, or a cousin or a brother or sister... It does help to have someone in the family's support when telling the parents. That person will help you to see where the difficulties may lie, since they obviously must know your parents too.

Ah, I don't plan to come out any time soon, I am not ready for it yet, and my family is most definitely not ready. I recently came out to my best friend, she does not mind, although it will take her some time to get used to it. The other "friend" who I told, well, he never talked to me after I told him.

Anyway, I find this forum to be very interesting and informative, so yeah, glad to be here Happy

Take your time, Sivvo, there's no hurry. You may want to wait till you are in a relationship to make things a bit more public. Who else composes your family? brothers and sisters? uncles and aunts, cousins??? Are they very religious, by any chance? What makes them unready, in your opinion?

Welcome Sivvo, I see you come from one of the most beautiful places in the world! At least for me =)
Sorry to hear one of your coming out didn't end up very good, some people are not mature enough to stand some "differences". Hope the next will be good!! And good luck with university, what are you studying in particular?

Andy88 Wrote:Welcome Sivvo, I see you come from one of the most beautiful places in the world! At least for me =)
Sorry to hear one of your coming out didn't end up very good, some people are not mature enough to stand some "differences". Hope the next will be good!! And good luck with university, what are you studying in particular?

So what are YOU studying, Andy, languages? your English is very good...Confusedmile:

Thank you, princealbertofb!
I'm studying political sciences, I'm attending (and finishing) my third year! As for my English, I lived in America for one year when I was in high school, so that's why my english may be better than others! I hope to go and study abroad again once I finish university, to practice more my english Smile

Wow, it does help to spend a year abroad... then. lol.

Andy88 Wrote:Welcome Sivvo, I see you come from one of the most beautiful places in the world! At least for me =)

hi Andy, and thanks for the welcome Confusedmile: Haha, in fact, I am only studying in Melbourne, I am originally from Fiji (which is one of the most beautiful places in the world :tongue: ). Unfortunately its a homophobic place as well.
Anyway, I'm studying engineering, first year. Oh, and that "coming out", it was kind of expected, because I had a HUGE crush on that friend (maybe it was love :confused: ), and I couldnt go on without letting him know how i felt.

Oh, and good luck with your studies Xyxthumbs

princealbertofb Wrote:Take your time, Sivvo, there's no hurry. You may want to wait till you are in a relationship to make things a bit more public. Who else composes your family? brothers and sisters? uncles and aunts, cousins??? Are they very religious, by any chance? What makes them unready, in your opinion?

I have two sisters, and I love them very much, but as I mentioned above, I come from a homophobic place, and it will be extremely hard for them to understand. Plus, i have a few responsibilities to take care of, so I dont want anything to mess that up. Oh yes, and they are quite religious, but I myself have given up on some guy who sits up there and watches as peopel suffer and claims to be "god". So yeah, life has been difficult, but I'm used to it now Confusedmile:

sivvo Wrote:hi Andy, and thanks for the welcome Confusedmile: Haha, in fact, I am only studying in Melbourne, I am originally from Fiji (which is one of the most beautiful places in the world :tongue: ). Unfortunately its a homophobic place as well.
Anyway, I'm studying engineering, first year. Oh, and that "coming out", it was kind of expected, because I had a HUGE crush on that friend (maybe it was love :confused: ), and I couldnt go on without letting him know how i felt.

Oh, and good luck with your studies Xyxthumbs

I have two sisters, and I love them very much, but as I mentioned above, I come from a homophobic place, and it will be extremely hard for them to understand. Plus, i have a few responsibilities to take care of, so I dont want anything to mess that up. Oh yes, and they are quite religious, but I myself have given up on some guy who sits up there and watches as peopel suffer and claims to be "god". So yeah, life has been difficult, but I'm used to it now Confusedmile:

Wow Fiji!! it must be a very beautiful place, too bad for the homophobic part =( But I bet you'll have fun in Australia Sivvo and I hope you to meet someone special and make lots of friends! The ones who just run away from you because you're gay they don't deserve any of your time. Hugs!!

Big belatedWelcome The first one you got from me was an automated one! (Andy88 too) Wink

Andy xox
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

sivvo Wrote:I am originally from Fiji (which is one of the most beautiful places in the world :tongue: ). Unfortunately its a homophobic place as well.

[COLOR="Purple"]WoW Fiji... does seem like paradise... wonder why so many of these areas that are paradisiacal are super homophobic... think the folk there would be like super laid back...

At least San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and we all know how un-homophobic SF is Clap

sivvo, when you write of Fiji it sounds familiar to me... I have a V-Boy from South Africa and he describes his life as similar to what you start to describe. If you dont mind describing the issues you live under being a native Fiji would be great to try to understand my VSA...

You mention "responsibilities" "god" and more... great you have gotten use to it... my SA friend seems to be stuck between 2009 and 300BC Disoriented

Of course, not sure if we are talking about the same thing... if you want to discuss this in public or in a PM to me would be greatly appreciated. Bow [/COLOR]