Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey
Hey my name is Alex. I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. I decided to make an account on here because it's pretty late where I live and I can't sleep. My profile picture is me. I was a little scared to post a picture of me on here but I know no one I know will ever go on this site. I never went onto a gay forum or anything like that before. I've actually never really talked to a gay person 1 on 1 before. At my high school I didn't know anyone who was or is gay. I know one of my mom's friends is gay but I never seen him before. I've been gay since I was 14 years old. When I find out I wasn't normal and didn't like girls I got depressed and kind of became a loner. I've never been in a relationship before. I probably would have dated girls in high school but non really seemed into me and I don't know how to flirt like my friends do. I recently graduated high school just this year. I work at a part-time job at Wal-Mart. I don't plan on going to college anytime soon because of the expenses. Plus I wouldn't like it. I didn't like high school doubt I'd like college. I'm not a very social person. On my free time I'd normally just play video games all day and talk with friends through Skype. I guess the reason why I'm here is to talk to other gay people about battling being gay. I'm pretty good at keeping it a secret and will never tell anyone I know in real life. I don't think I'd want to look for a romantic relationship on here. I don't have the skills to talk and act all romantic. I'm mostly just here to talk with others about the struggles of being gay and maybe get some tips on how to fight it. Well that's it.. I guess. If you read all of that then I'm surprised. It feels kind of weird letting my feelings out like that.

Hey man, it is nice to meet you, I am also new here and in the same boat as you, I have been brought up very conservatively so have been struggling for years with my sexuality, I am hoping we can discuss our mutual issues some time Smile

Have a great day man, although I suppose it is no doubt late night or early hours of the morning your end Smile

Hello Triangle. Welcome to the forum. I'll probably have more to say when I am feeling more awake, but again, welcome.

Welcome to GS Smile you've found the right place to fit in.

Welcome to GS Alex.

Your wording saddens me. This "fighting being gay" indicates that you're really not happy in your own skin and that's because of something as insignificant as you being gay. You're a person with desires and dreams just like everybody else - just that your desire is for the same sex, not the opposite.
Don't fight it. Accept it and embrace it.
Who you are isn't going to change and I hope you realise and accept that sooner rather than later. You'll never find out how your friends and family react to you being gay, before you actually tell them that you are. Give them the opportunity to show you just how much they love you and support you, in whatever you do.

Also, putting your picture up here and expecting nobody to see it is a bit naive. If you really don't want anybody to know you're gay, you should definately take it down.

HvH Wrote:Hey man, it is nice to meet you, I am also new here and in the same boat as you, I have been brought up very conservatively so have been struggling for years with my sexuality, I am hoping we can discuss our mutual issues some time Smile

Have a great day man, although I suppose it is no doubt late night or early hours of the morning your end Smile

Nice to meet you too. Ya I've been struggling too but you know struggling is just a part of life.

Ya it is pretty late where I live. Especially where I live. I stay up all night because of my work hours.

wayward Wrote:Hello Triangle. Welcome to the forum. I'll probably have more to say when I am feeling more awake, but again, welcome.

Thanks for the welcome man.

BlueStar Wrote:Welcome to GS Smile you've found the right place to fit in.

Thanks. Ya maybe

Cuddly Wrote:Welcome to GS Alex.

Your wording saddens me. This "fighting being gay" indicates that you're really not happy in your own skin and that's because of something as insignificant as you being gay. You're a person with desires and dreams just like everybody else - just that your desire is for the same sex, not the opposite.
Don't fight it. Accept it and embrace it.
Who you are isn't going to change and I hope you realise and accept that sooner rather than later. You'll never find out how your friends and family react to you being gay, before you actually tell them that you are. Give them the opportunity to show you just how much they love you and support you, in whatever you do.

Also, putting your picture up here and expecting nobody to see it is a bit naive. If you really don't want anybody to know you're gay, you should definately take it down.

I haven't been happy in my own skin since I was 14. I'm not the kind of person to express themselves like that you know? It just isn't me. I do have desires and dreams but my sexual orientation isn't my life. It's just a small factor I need to understand better. My father is right wing conservative. I know he wouldn't accept me. I don't want to add stress onto him by telling him that his only son is gay. My family doesn't need to know that I'm gay. It's a private thing only I need to know.

I may be a little naive but I doubt anyone will see my picture on this site. I don't have very many friends and most of them rarely do go online. And I know for a fact non of them are gay so they wouldn't be here. It will be weird to have no profile picture on here. Every site I'm on I have a picture of me so people will know what I look like. Plus Triangle72 isn't the handle I use. It's a different one. I just thought of this one on the top of my head.

Triangle72 Wrote:Nice to meet you too. Ya I've been struggling too but you know struggling is just a part of life.

Ya it is pretty late where I live. Especially where I live. I stay up all night because of my work hours.

Ugh night shift? that must suck, feel free to contact me any time you want to chat Smile