Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homosexual man or fagggg
Blue Wrote:Ah yes to flame or not, that is the question.

I can ignore the flaming faggot sort (not meant to be derogatory) but, I wouldn't date one, hook up maybe, if I were in the mood to do that, but not date.

There is a big difference between say doing a drag karaoke show, or flaunting it at a gay event and walking down the streets of everyday, small town USA looking like the lead float in a gay pride parade.

Sure, I'm gay and, I'm not going to hide it, but I'm not going to hide that I like to hunt, fish, cook, drive, go to horror movies, and play video games either. There is a place for going all out, screaming "I'm gay and proud of it." and a place for "Well, since you asked, yes, I do happen to be gay."

Oh, Blue, how disappointing!! .... You're, ahem.... ''mature''.... hehe. Wink

It seems to me that the hetero world flaunts its sexuality much more than we do (probably the normal divide of 95 - 5 %) ??? I mean when was the last time you saw two men kissing in the street, holding hands in the street? How many films or programmes on tv promoted gay romance and sexuality rather than plain old hetero attractions??? How common is it really for you to witness a flaming gay person in an everyday life situation? Have you recently crossed paths with a drag queen? I know I haven't and I was even in New York for a whole week not so long ago... None of that has happened to me.

princealbertofb Wrote:It seems to me that the hetero world flaunts its sexuality much more than we do (probably the normal divide of 95 - 5 %) ??? I mean when was the last time you saw two men kissing in the street, holding hands in the street? How many films or programmes on tv promoted gay romance and sexuality rather than plain old hetero attractions??? How common is it really for you to witness a flaming gay person in an everyday life situation? Have you recently crossed paths with a drag queen? I know I haven't and I was even in New York for a whole week not so long ago... None of that has happened to me.

Never seen two guys holding hands or kissing in the street. Of course, I live in rural IL, so I may not be in the best place...

Buffylo, I thought New York City might be a good reference for seeing such things, though...

I agree with you that rural Illinois is probably not the place you'd most expect to see such sights, however if the 3-5% supposedly gay were to behave quite naturally like the rest of the population, it would be seen occasionally, wouldn't it?

By the same analogy, I've seen bulls mounting cows and that's not the sight you generally see when in the countryside, however there are rare times when nature unleashes its instincts and you witness these happenings...

princealbertofb Wrote:Buffylo, I thought New York City might be a good reference for seeing such things, though...

I agree with you that rural Illinois is probably not the place you'd most expect to see such sights, however if the 3-5% supposedly gay were to behave quite naturally like the rest of the population, it would be seen occasionally, wouldn't it?

Well, I'm just a stone's throw (if I'm throwing, lol) from STL. Even there I never saw anything. But then again, there is just this deadness about that city that is really unnerving.

princealbertofb Wrote:Buffylo, I thought New York City might be a good reference for seeing such things, though...

By the same analogy, I've seen bulls mounting cows and that's not the sight you generally see when in the countryside, however there are rare times when nature unleashes its instincts and you witness these happenings...

True. I think this area being in the Bible belt has a decent bit to do with it. I hate this place, I want out, just so I don't have to deal with the ignorance it is steeped in.

It's ironic that the "homosexual man" image is of an actor who was in the closet up until 3 or 4 years ago, and now is 100%, married to his partner and they are raising adopted kids.

How a gay person chooses to live their life: out or in the closet, flamboyant or corporate, masculine or femenine, etc. is really an individual choice. How YOU choose to accept or reject these decisions is YOUR choice.

Ye it is Bob, but, more so in some areas than others, we'd go a long way toward not being seen as such weirdos, or inferior people by not being intentionally flamboyant about being gay and, just being normal people who happen to like having a same sex partner.

The local flamer here gets a world of grief, but, the guy that has two bi women living with him in a three way partnership, the to gay female couples, my ex partner nor I get once ounce of grief around here. Everyone knows our orientation, but it isn't a big deal because we aren't flaunting it and, we aren't pretending we are not the way we are either. We aren't going about saying "Look at me I'm gay, see, this is cool, you should embrace it too." We are saying "Hey, this is me, but it's okay for you to be you. I know you don't want it and, I'm not going to shove it in your face."

Regardless of how they feel about homosexuality, people respect that, and that is a good thing. The more often a LGBT person is accepted and respected, and out in society as a whole, the closer we are to truly being accepted as a valuable part of society.

I definitely identify with the "homosexual man," though there are some in my life who see me as more the other! Rolleyes