Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot and cold behaviour on first date :/
MisterTinkles Wrote:This is typical "man behavior".

Cant believe you have not dealt with this before.

Dude, he's 22. He has plenty of time to learn the slings and arrows of the dating world.

And to the opening author: yeah, what everyone else said, up to this point. Go with the flow and just let go of expectations, cause they ain't the same as his!

Krupt Wrote:I would like to add something way out of the left.

This older guy would have started dating 20-25 years ago, before the internet was accessable to the every day person.

Dating was different back then, it inevitably always started with a friendship, you got together every now and again and then a relationship developed from that friendship.

Today, people expect to meet someone from the internet and after the first meeting start talking about a relationship.

Your friend, a very respectful and busy man, is old school. If you like him, be his friend with no expectations.

I don't believe an age gap can hinder any friendship or relationship so I don't see the age thing being a problem.

Go old school, if you don't end up in a relationship at the very least you have made yourself a friendship. Wink

I done this friendship thing. The guy still won't date me (cos he a straightsexual)

But he's one of my best mates!

Krupt Wrote:not all friendship go beyond that Wink some people work better as friends then they do partners...once friendship goes beyond it is usually lost forever.

I was persistent but he's a good guy... And got me into weed -.-
Tho I couldn't imagine my life without him now. I think there was a good chance if it was another guy that our friendship might have been lost.