Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot weather/staying cool.
Hi guys, how do you all stay cool & fresh in the heat. I move really slowly, drink a lot more than usual, ive noticed a lot of public places dont have Air Con. In my bank just now it was like an oven, i asked the woman behind the glass why there was no fans! She said she didnt know but they had fans on there side lol....... charming!

I personally hate the heat, so I know where you're coming from. Fortunately in hot places, like where I live now, there's AC in every building. Without that... I guess I would strip and become a nudist to stay cool.

VileKyle Wrote:I personally hate the heat, so I know where you're coming from. Fortunately in hot places, like where I live now, there's AC in every building. Without that... I guess I would strip and become a nudist to stay cool.

[Image: yeah-baby-yeah.jpg]

I like hot weather, as long as its DRY hot weather.
Since El Nino screwed up the weather patterns, it gets SO freeking humid here in Texas now during the summer, which makes the heat intolerable. I walk outside and feel like a piece of sizzling bacon!!

I just stay inside with the AC on and a fan blowing on me.

I used to go and hang out in the malls, but I dont like to do that anymore unless I have someone to go with me.....otherwise Im bored shitless.

VileKyle Wrote:I personally hate the heat, so I know where you're coming from. Fortunately in hot places, like where I live now, there's AC in every building. Without that... I guess I would strip and become a nudist to stay cool.

Damn i wish we had that, were obviously ill-prepared, the only cool place i found was the frozen food aisle in the supermarket! aaah its like heaven lol

Im not sure, i do dis-like the heat at times but i try not to complain as we dont have it all too often.

I hate hot weather as well! I usually take cool showers or drink cold drinks.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I like hot weather, as long as its DRY hot weather.
Since El Nino screwed up the weather patterns, it gets SO freeking humid here in Texas now during the summer, which makes the heat intolerable. I walk outside and feel like a piece of sizzling bacon!!

I just stay inside with the AC on and a fan blowing on me.

I used to go and hang out in the malls, but I dont like to do that anymore unless I have someone to go with me.....otherwise Im bored shitless.

Oh mrtinks yes, humidity is the worst, you cant even perspire, its like being in a steamroom, i bet you would find our current weather mild and laugh at us :

Edward Wrote:I hate hot weather as well! I usually take cool showers or drink cold drinks.

I understand how cold drinks can be a temptation in hot weather but did you know that hot drinks (not coffee) cool you down because they open up your pores? In deserts, the nomads wear heavy, loose woolen djellaba because the sweat that forms on the skin evaporates and the djellaba acts as a refrigerator.

LONDONER Wrote:I understand how cold drinks can be a temptation in hot weather but did you know that hot drinks (not coffee) cool you down because they open up your pores? In deserts, the nomads wear heavy, loose woolen djellaba because the sweat that forms on the skin evaporates and the djellaba acts as a refrigerator.

Really? Well, that's something new for me. Why not coffee?

Edward Wrote:Really? Well, that's something new for me. Why not coffee?

Coffee is a diuretic and dehydrates you. That's not something you want in hot weather.