Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how come we do things backwards?
MikeW Wrote:Even Mein Kamph could be overlooked in certain circumstances but Ronnie RayGun, NoF'nWay! Xyxthumbs

I suppose Mein Kamph would be good reading if the goal was "Things I never want to become"...but yeah..Ronnie is a definite no go ...

I used to love to tell the Bible Thumpers back in the 80s when they would picket us sometimes that the devil isn't coming...you idiots...he is already here...and you are all kissing his ass... :eek:

Back in the day, I would insist on dating first before going to bed. Now, I'd probably insist on going to bed before dating. Why? Because sex and sexual compatibility are very important to me. Why date somebody for weeks or even months just to find out that you don't like each other in bed?

Lex

MikeW Wrote:Well, there are certainly a lot of guys who SAY they do... whether they're being honest with themselves about what they really want or not is less clear to me.

I think the fact that those of us who engage in long-term committed relationships tend to tell those stories once and not show up every week with a new story or question or request for advice about the latest situation we're in with the latest new guy we slept with tends to create the impression that everyone is only hooking up and no one is dating or seeking relationships.

There are lots of guys here on this board who are in long-term relationships, last time I saw.

Lexington Wrote:Back in the day, I would insist on dating first before going to bed. Now, I'd probably insist on going to bed before dating. Why? Because sex and sexual compatibility are very important to me. Why date somebody for weeks or even months just to find out that you don't like each other in bed?

Lex

That question could just as easily be reconstituted as "why have amazing sex with someone for months and months only to find out you absolutely can't connect in any way out of bed", at least, in the context of assuming one is seeking a relationship that works in both dimensions.

It's a false choice to pretend people either have to do 1500's asexual courtship or respond to text message booty calls for weeks/months before bringing up the prospect of a more serious attachment.

Buzzer Wrote:That question could just as easily be reconstituted as "why have amazing sex with someone for months and months only to find out you absolutely can't connect in any way out of bed", at least, in the context of assuming one is seeking a relationship that works in both dimensions.

I supposed I should rephrase that and say "The sex and the dating would start at the same time." I don't think I'd meet someone completely and solely for sex for a long period, and then look into doing other things in addition to that.

Lex

strider65 Wrote:does it ever strike anyone that very often gay men have sex first and get to know each other afterwards?

this isn't backwards to me. this is a natural course of events. i've always said sex is a good way to get to know a guy. it tells you a lot more about him than a dinner at a restaurant.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

The Hetros are the ones who are backwards. We are not.
~Beaux

I've known a lot of straight couples to start dating that way and a couple times it lead to a long term relationship. to me it's not a gay or straight thing it's a human thing, we saw something we liked, got a chance to test it out and wanted to keep it for a while.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Why do my head spin so badly after reading the posts here.....
Its like I dont even know what I believe in anymore......
Aghhhhhh (psychopatic screams)