Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I know if im trans
okay so it's been awhile since I've been on the sitebut over the past couple months really confused about my thoughts I know that I'm gay and I came out as gay 3 or 4 years ago now but recently I've just started feeling more and more like I want to be a girl I shave my legs I wear mascara and I paint my toes and generally I just feel a lot more feminine for sure I just don't understand what I'm supposed to feel about these feelings how do you know if your transgendered because sometimes I swear I just feel like I want to be a girl I like wearing really feminine clothing but I just don't have anybody to talk to you about this I wish I could put on short shorts everyday and have my eyes done and toenails painted but I just don't know what to think and if understands what I'm going through either chat on here with me or send me a message I could really use some advice and some understanding right now I tried calling the LGBT hot on today to talk to them about it but I can't bring myself to actually talk to him don't know what to say I I feel so abnormal and I feel like I can't be myself but I also don't know who I even am and dealing with this and being depressed at the same time is making a really hard for me to get through this

It's a hard one to give advice on , as the only person who knows the answers to that is yourself.

Your dilemma reminds me of a recent Chris Crocker vlog...

Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

People always say they do not like labels, but we all know that in reality they exist. This particular one about gender identity, however, is one only you can determine. You can seek guidance from transgender people, but in the end it still comes down to you. Perhaps try calling back to the hotline and specify that you are looking to talk to someone about transgender issues and if possible would like to talk to a transgender person.

Thx for the replys everyone.. what is the vlog where would I find it? And I may call back and ask to talk to a transgendered person I just got really nervious and hung up the last time

CCRox Wrote:Your dilemma reminds me of a recent Chris Crocker vlog...

the Vlog is this video?

The vid is the vlog. Sorry for the confusion.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

A transperson would be more than happy to speak with you, I'm sure.

Since I'm intersex, I struggled with my gender identity a lot growing up, especially with my mother who tried to force me into gender roles. It wasn't until much later that I was able to come to an understanding about who I am and now I am free from all that stress.

As a third gender person, I don't think I am the one to give you advice. What I've heard from trans men and women is that it all comes down with how they feel about their bodies. Their bodies feel absolutely wrong to them. There are a lot of resources on the web so try and use Google.

It's possible that you're a crossdresser, but the only one who can know is yourself.

And the most important thing for you to do is find a GENDER THERAPIST. They will help you discover who you are.

Are there free counslers possibly through a lgbt center does anyone know? Counsling is not somthing I can afford but I know I deffinitly need someone to talk to that might be able to understand me sjnce I dont

It's hard to relate without being in your shoes... but I guess the best advice *I* could give would be to have the best of both worlds - Be a boy and do drag. That way you don't really have to commit 100% to one or the other and can do what feels right that day. Think of it as a glamorous Batman. Wink

... and as a gay man, I'd hate to see someone throw away a perfectly good penis. Wink