Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you fix a broken heart and stop it hurting?
Hi guys how do you fix a broken heart and stop it hurting so much please help.

Dan1980 Wrote:Hi guys how do you fix a broken heart and stop it hurting so much please help.

One word...TIME

I am sorry you are hurting...I know the feeling well. I know while you are hurting so bad it is hard to beleive in the moment that time will heal you..but it will. I promise.

its sooo difficult when it happens; i am sorry for how you feel

What east said. Use this time to better yourself.

Breakups are hard for everyone, not just for gay guys. It happens all the time, but obviously for a reason.

We all want to have everlasting love that conquers the ages. We want the entire world so take in the awe of our majesty but for some reason it never works out quite like that , though. Unless you are the .05 percent, there have been warning signs, and even though you don't see it right now, it really isn't all that surprising.

So what do you do now? Well, wait. Give yourself a few days to go through the emotions. Get hurt, get sad, get angry. Yell into your pillow, go to work and be a zombie (emotionally, don't eat anyone), take a knife to your ex's picture, and then regret doing it in the first place. If you still feel like you're in a relationship, don't stop.

Hopefully by now you realize that you're not actually in the relationship anymore. Its done, its over. You still feel hurt but you're not desperate to get him back. Take a little while to evaluate everything. Remember those warning signs I was talking about? They should be clearer now. Think about them. What was at the root of those problems. Is it something you could have prevented? If so, good: it means you're not undesirable. Don't dwell on them though, that's called living in a fantasy world, the land of what if's. What could you have done? Write it down, store it in your memory banks for later use. Apply it to yourself and feel glad that you have the ability to be better.

Hopefully by now you realize that this was a learning experience. Be grateful to your ex for giving you a time of happiness. Maybe he got bored, maybe he cheated on you. It doesn't matter at this point. Forgive him. It sounds drastic, but he doesn't really care if you forgive him or not, does he? This is for you. Once you forgive him, you throw all the weight of those bad feelings off of your back and you can stand upright again.

Extra credit:

Take a few months and don't date anyone. Don't even have sex. Find out what makes you happy as a person and run with it. Maybe its a hobby, maybe a skill you've been wanting to develop. Whatever you do, don't jump right back in the game and make a poorly called rebound. That will just lead to more pain, especially for the other guy.

I really hope this helps, it may be a little blunt, but try to consider at least a portion of what I wrote.

People are with us for a reason, a season, or the rest of our lives. I didn't come up with that, but someone said it to me once and it stuck.

I'm sure someone already mentioned it, but time is your friend after a break up. It's gonna hurt for awhile.

Keep your mind busy; if you have a job, just keep yourself occupied with that. Take on a hobby, something either you do on you own or with other people. Sometimes just being out there helps.

I'm a crafty person, so when I go through heart-aches; I usually keep myself busy with crafting; whatever it might be. I love to read as well; so sometimes just picking up a good book and getting lost in the story helps a bit.

Hopefully this helps a bit.. Good luck :]

Hang out with friends, don't be alone, if nothing else, come here and talk with those who care, many of us hve been down that path, so you are not alone, but in a fraternity of brothers who understand your pain, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Glue? Pain killers? Might want to try duct tape too.

^Not puppies.

[Image: heart+puppy.jpg]

This puppy can.

I believe some time alone is important actuallly to recognise and honouur your feelings but a dose of normality iss good too - friends, going out etc.

Big hugs