Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much do we contribute
I just finished watching the winter finale of glee tonight. Which got me thinking how much we as gay bi or trans gender people add to the undue stress and hurt to our own peers. I don't think we realize what we do until it happens. I know it happens among the gay world.

I talking about the athletic buff person saying your not my type but they don't stop their they have to name the persons faults as well which is just as damaging as the cruel world of the straight bashing the GLBT.

I'm glad that we have this forum to come to and say things without judgement.

Watching Glee tonight gave me a different perspective on life. I hope that people can use this to say good things or share your frustrations for something that happened to you that we might need to watch out for.

the gays are is not that accepting, probably because their expectations are low. too much junk in their lives and they just complete the circle.

Oppressed groups of people oppress each other...it is the rule..not the exception.

Ask a woman who has struggled for equality...it is not men who are her biggest foes...it is other women. Gloria Steinham and many others have written on the subject...Lesbians who had masculine qualities were the first people the more desirable tradional role female distanced herself from...so much for sisterhood...eh?

Blacks who acted "white" were far more acceptable and back when the slaves were freed there was an organized effort to pit the field slaves against the house slaves...the dark skinned against the light skinned...guess which group were considered to be the most desirable?

Gays DEFINITELY do it. I have had alot more personal discrimination from other gay people than from straight people. If I want to be judged...gay people are first in line....The gay person who behaves like a heterosexual is far more desirable in the eyes of alot of gays. Very few people want to address this so it will most likely remain that way for decades to come.

When you internalize discrimination it is natural to externalize your own self hatred and conditioning...unless you educate and elevate yourself.

You can be part of the problem or part of the solution..it is a choice.