Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to cope with a break up and feeling lonely
Hi everyone what's the best way to cope with a break up? I am keeping busy with work and so on. But it's so hard to get him off my mind and it's really lonely by yourself.

Dan, probably to embrace what was good in the relationship and stop feeling bad about its ending. Try to accept that all things, both bad and good, sometimes end. Something must have ended for you to have that relationship.
Maybe you had moved to some other place, or you had changed your job, or stopped thinking about someone else. And that change made it possible for you to start something new.

You don't need to stop thinking nicely about him. I still like my first bf, and I wish him well. It hadn't lasted but I am grateful that I'd met him and for that time we had together.

You will be always connected by your relationship, he won't forget about you, and you won't either. So in a way he will be with you all the time.

Don't be hard on yourself and don't try to forget him. Think about him as much as you like. Just try to feel happy because it was, not devastated because it ended Bighug

Hello Dan,
Breaking up isnt ever easy and to be honest i havent long been out of a six n half year relationship... My advice of coping is to enjoy your singleness because it never lasts and before you know where you are your back ihn another relationship... I am enjoying mine whilst it lasts and doing all the things i wanted to do in a relationship that i wasnt able to do so... Dont get down remember the good times and forget the bad... Everyday people form relationships and everyday people end their relationships... I would suggest to get over him is to forgive him for all wrong things inside and think YES i do love him enough to let him go... Our time has come been spent and gone and his now able to move on with his life as i have to do so... Whatever he does be happy for him and be supportivbe if still friends

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon xx

it will take some time :frown: but im positive that youll get past him

Bighug

The longer you were with him then the longer it's likely to be before you can move on. There's not much you can do about that, I'm afraid, save movies (obviously avoiding the romantic ones) and chocolate, preferably with supportive friends (though beware of the advice of getting out and meeting someone new as if that's too soon then it can make a bad sitch worse and is unfair to who you meet).