Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how will the world end
the world will not end..only mankind.
We will carry on abusing the world as we know it untill one day nature will strike back.
And to be honest.... the world would be a better place without humans as we are. We really have f****d this place up Sad

Wow is that really your view of humanity? Simply because what "seems" to stand out is the negative because that is what is mostly publicised.. But there is a lot of beauty that has come from us. You do not have to look hard for it. It is there. But it does require responsibility - the responsibility for thoughts, to create a better place by seeing the good that does exist. Countless people do justice in this world and it is insulting for us to be tagged with those who do damage. And it all starts from a thought. How are we to progress when we are held back by negative thoughts?

For some reason I think it will be an extreme of temperature or environment... logically before the sun begins to expand we'll experience another massive shift in climate; another ice age, or upper-level temperatures that don't allow us to grow food. Flooding or starvation basically, dinosaur style. We also have comets large enough to obliterate us that fly close enough to register.

Imagine being the last human on earth as you faded away. Maybe you'd be the only one who gets to know the secret of life.

mrk2010 Wrote:A sensible suggestion I would give is the possibility of a superbug due to the dwindling supply of antibiotics.

Unfortunately the dwindling supply was caused by our ignorance of its implication. A superbug is a scary thought and could be a near future reality. We are already seeing many antibiotic resistant organisms in such a short time period of approximately 60 years. Pharmaceuticals are partly to blame since they focus on drugs for chronic conditions. There doesn't seem to be an immediate incentive to discover new antibiotics since there is money to be made elsewhere with little effort.

On this topic... I don't think the world will necessarily end until some cosmic calamity takes place. I find it disturbing when people cling to end of the world senarios and believe them. There is so much to live for and experience, and so much to make right in this world. Why waste the energy and time worrying about end of days?

Well unless the dominate species on the Earth does something to screw it up or some kind of crazy catastrophe, the sun has about 5 billion years of life left in it....so yeah

Only a matter of time before the middle east turns into green glass.
Then we have the domino effect , more than likely Korea will nuke Australia ,and so on.

im goin for massive volanic eruptions all through iceland etc and covering the earth in deadly gasses starving us all of oxygene - Hopefully im in the middle of a huge free for all orgy of sex to even care when it does Smile

I know .... winter solstice ... everything is slippery ... the earth slips at the turn off, crashes into Mars. turns over 3 times and will be a new moon of Jupiter.

in 4.5 billion years from now, the earth will wander into the suns path.

Humanity will have destroyed itself a long time before that