Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hurting yourself
hello. i wonted to write about this and it is abit bad but i wonted to see about it on here . i hope it isnt silly or bad. what if there was a problem about hurting yourself on pupose like if you was sad or cross.and it is quite bad but if you cant help it. is it very unhelathy for you. what can you do if you got a problem with it :frown: .i dident now if to write this or not i hope it is ok.

Joseph, it's okay to write whatever you want. Hurting yourself on purpose is serious and it is never silly or bad to ask questions.

This is very hard to think about. If you hurt yourself you sometimes know why you are doing it. It is horrible to see someone you love hurting themselves on purpose.

One of my children used to cut herself. She doesn't need to do it any more, but she does have some nasty scars on her arms, legs and tummy. When she was doing it I wanted her to stop, but there was nothing I could do. I didn't understand it and it made me very upset. She told me recently that she found it was a way of making herself feel better about some horrible things that were happening.

If you are hurting yourself and you want to stop, you should talk to your helper who should help you find a counsellor. You could talk to your mum or your sister, but because they love you so much they might find it too upsetting to be able to talk properly with you.

Good luck, Joseph

Bighug

Marshlander is absolutely right babe, you should never feel silly or stupid for asking us questions - your honesty is something we sincerely appreciate, and if ever we can help you then I'm sure I speak for EVERYBODY here when I say that we're more than happy to do so ...

How exactly do you mean hurting yourself ? As in you punch things and it hurts your hands ? Or ... you cut yourself like Marshlander's daughter ? Or ... what ?

I think a lot of people experience self-harm on some level or another - two of my brothers have a rather frustrating habit of punching things when they're in bad moods (and as one is 6' 4" and the other one's built like a tank, most of the things they punch break, hence the irritation), and I'm sure that hurts their hands but they feel it's a way of venting their anger (rightly or wrongly).

Obviously there are more ACUTE forms of self-harm, like people that overdose, or cut themselves or what have you, and I think the line for me is that anybody that takes DELIBERATE and CALCULATED steps to hurt themselves really ought to be discussing it with somebody close to them physically, who can assess what they're doing, and try and put them on a better path since, again as Marshlander has already said, often people are TOO close to talk to about this type of thing, as anybody that's in your immediate family, say, is going to have a VERY emotional response to this type of news ...

... so perhaps, as Marshlander has said, talking to your helper might be a good first step ...

We're here if you need us babe xx.

Bighug.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hi joseph

Bighug

I kinda have a memory of hitting my head on the wall a couple times when I was an early teen. I kinda felt that I was the only gay person in the world and I would never find a boyfriend or love or any of the nice things in life...

BUT I WAS WRONG...

I guess that if you have frustration or stress about something just about everybody hurts themselves in some way... Maybe they cut themselves, hit their head, pinch their ears Lol2 , drink a lot of alcohol, take drugs, eat a pint of Ben & Jerry...

I guess if youre hitting your head or punching the wall with your hand it might be a good idea to buy a helmet for your head and enjoy or a boxing glove... your MoM might be upset with the holes in the walls...

I have said it before, maybe in private chat, but I think you should have a therapist to discuss some of these many things that are bothering you... you have a lot of stress in your life but maybe the telling mom your gay thing will be taken care of at dinner very soon.

BIG HUG FILLED WITH LOVE,
frank

hello. thank you i was worrid today incase it wasnt ok writing it so i am happy how it was.ok! i wrote about becuse i was sad about it. it is funny becase i did do it on pupose but not rely on pupose becase i didnt to decside to relly.i just did it if i was very very cross or sad. :frown: . .my mum relised i did it becase she seen it and she said dont do but i still did.i dont now why.:frown: i am sad becase no one can help and it is hard. marshlander it is sad she did it.but hapy how she is better nowConfusedmile:

So ... what is it that you did babe ?

If you don't mind my asking ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

joseph Wrote:hello. i wonted to write about this and it is abit bad but i wonted to see about it on here . i hope it isnt silly or bad. what if there was a problem about hurting yourself on pupose like if you was sad or cross.and it is quite bad but if you cant help it. is it very unhelathy for you. what can you do if you got a problem with it :frown: .i dident now if to write this or not i hope it is ok.

Joseph, sorry I missed this thread........

There isn't much to add to what any of the guys on here and what I told you the other day babe.
I like Frank have said you must seriously seek professional help, Your Doctor can help point you in the right direction, Your Carer, Your Sister.... The most important thing is that you talk to someone who can help you.

Love you Long Time

xxxxx

I see you posted this 11 hours ago and as Shadow says, Did you do anything?

Jamie
xxx

hello.it was just hurting my self hitting my head on the wall and smacked and bited sometimes and pull my hair sometimes . i dont now if it is proper or not.i just wrote becase what it was my sister said about it because i done it to much soon. and i was sad about it becase mum cant help:frown:

joseph Wrote:hello.it was just hurting my self hitting my head on the wall and smacked and bited sometimes and pull my hair sometimes . i dont now if it is proper or not.i just wrote becase what it was my sister said about it because i done it to much soon. and i was sad about it becase mum cant help:frown:

Okay, Have messaged you Joseph

XXXXXX

awwww I know what you are going through I do very similar things, I'm finding it hard to talk to people about it. I've tried talking to my uni counselor about it but she doesn't seem to care.

I hope you also find the help you need..

Marco