Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i did it...
well i came out today, to my mom. All becuase she watched glee and seen how santana's grandma treated her. Yesterday she was telling me via text how she cant believe that somebodys family would do that to their kid, and randomly in a joking way say how she would love me if i am. Well... i guess tthings change when its in your face, she thought i was lieing, then she started talking about kicking me out... so i havent seen her face to face yet, so i guess i got rid of one stress to add another...ah coming out is fun....right :eek:

Congrats, I feel a good mother-son chat coming on over the festive season and I hope you and your Mum find peace Smile

First let me say ,I am so very proud of you.
That really did take some guts.
Give your mum time , she will come around.

thanks guys! yea that darn glee lol. Im ok tho, i feel if she really wants me to leave then ill do it and never look back.

Good luck! I hope it all works out well for you but I think she will, at least she's still talking to you so that's a good sign!

Any congrats on coming out! It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do when I did it, took me a VERY long time to do it and it all worked out pretty well, she just might need some time to actually let it sink in but how are you feeling about it? Does it feel like a big relief that you did it? or does it feel just as bad or worse due to her reaction?

hamsandwizh Wrote:Good luck! I hope it all works out well for you but I think she will, at least she's still talking to you so that's a good sign!

Any congrats on coming out! It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do when I did it, took me a VERY long time to do it and it all worked out pretty well, she just might need some time to actually let it sink in but how are you feeling about it? Does it feel like a big relief that you did it? or does it feel just as bad or worse due to her reaction?

knowing it or not she kinda did it to herself, i told her that she cant say how accepting of something she is then turn her back. So far shes ok, and im ok with it. i havent had that weaight off the shoulders feeling yet, but i think once it all blows over ill feel better. Now only to tell my dad and sister :frown:

red06sc Wrote:knowing it or not she kinda did it to herself, i told her that she cant say how accepting of something she is then turn her back. So far shes ok, and im ok with it. i havent had that weaight off the shoulders feeling yet, but i think once it all blows over ill feel better. Now only to tell my dad and sister :frown:

Best of luck.
I wish people said what they meant.

red06sc Wrote:i havent had that weaight off the shoulders feeling yet, but i think once it all blows over ill feel better.

I think once you talk to your mum in person and you get that hug, that will be the point the weight lifts off your shoulders

Well good luck with telling the rest of your family! I really hope it all works out okay! Let us know how it goes. For me it took a little while afterwords before I actually had the whole weight lifted off my shoulders my feeling, I thought it would happen right away but it took a while afterwords until I realized through there actions that they really are okay with it. It wasn't all talk. My family never gets very emotional and rarely says what we're feeling, I'm guilty at this too although it's not as bad as my parents and has gotten A LOT better at it working with my therapist. So I didn't really believe my parents were okay with it like they said they were since they seemed so emotionally disconnected and it was only through there actions that I knew they were really okay with it. But that's my family, lol.

i dont plan on telling anyone else for awhile, i just got tired of the pressure from my mom about a girl friend. i want to be in florida before i tell anyone else