Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i did it...
Congrats, hope it goes well with your dad and sister!

well today shes worse tehn yesterday, now she says she wishes i would have never said anything and blah blah. I say, she should of never said she would be ok with it. Whats done is done, i cant take it back, nor do i want to. I guess life goes on. Tip of the day: dont say your ok and accepting of certin things if your truely not. When your not really, it can break a close relationship...speaking from experience.

red06sc Wrote:well today shes worse tehn yesterday, now she says she wishes i would have never said anything and blah blah. I say, she should of never said she would be ok with it. Whats done is done, i cant take it back, nor do i want to. I guess life goes on. Tip of the day: dont say your ok and accepting of certin things if your truely not. When your not really, it can break a close relationship...speaking from experience.

Shit.

Just give her time and patience. Don't be so quick to think your relationship is broken. You need to be the "adult" here and take care of her.

Definitely went though a similar experience with my dad where I needed to "reverse the roles".

Best wishes.

first. congrats m8 ... reading at first i honestly thought she secretly had an idea you were gay and giving you a chance to come out to her...guess i red those clues totally wrong,,,like others say - give her time, its not like you can take it off the table now so either gets over it or she doesnt,,at least you did whats best for you inside. good luck

matty7 Wrote:first. congrats m8 ... reading at first i honestly thought she secretly had an idea you were gay and giving you a chance to come out to her...guess i red those clues totally wrong,,,like others say - give her time, its not like you can take it off the table now so either gets over it or she doesnt,,at least you did whats best for you inside. good luck

i thought that samething!! so a she just isnt telling me the truth or she didnt really think about what she was saying. I guess she told my dad and sister without me knowing and they havent said anything about the issue. They act like nothin is going on, so i guess its a lets act like we dont know kinda deal.

well that sucks

Heh. I guess I got lucky. My mom cried when I came out because she thought she had somehow attributed to the fact that I had been in the closet at all.
Hopefully she'll come to be senses and remember she's your mom and loves you...

Guess ill update this... Everything is going great now! mom still has her days, but all in all we are back to normal, she makes jokes about findin me a guy now lol. Dad was asking what my type is, which was werid, but he is ok. I really feel it brought me and my sister closer, so all is good now.

point your family to some reading material for gay parents, bring a boy home for Christmas.
i think there is some nice stuff on youtube.

Thanks Red for the update, great to know you are feeling better and I hope that you are all looking forward to a lovely Christmas together Wink