Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i give up.....
thanks for your supportive words guys. Smile

i hope you guys will find your loved one soon too. Smile

Statistically speaking, it's not likely one will go without a partner, unless willingly. Think about that, and keep trying.

The one thing people will be prone to suggest is "have confidence" which is a bit irritating because the less you see yourself achieving that goal, the less confident you are and the harder it is to get it back.

It doesn't make it a bad advice, of course, they are right. But, here's the thing. Focus that advice to make it work for you. You may not be all that succesful in dating now, but there are other things you've achieved and thinking about that should make you notice you are a person that can interest someone out there eh?

Keep trying, and you'll succeed
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

This is the absolute worst way to feel. Like I used to say, open the blinds and windows, and turn off that Mary J Blige(or other depressing music of choice). Sometimes I feel the exact same way, but the only thing you can do is change your perspective and try to work on something you can do to advance yourself. Apparently there's someone for everyone.

When I was bartending there was this couple that used to frequent the club every weekend. What made this couple so noticeable to everyone was that one guy was really attractive as if he was a male model while the other was over weight and very average looking. This pairing had a lot of the guys scratching their heads and some even came to believe that the good looking guy was a "gold digger" who was using the average looking guy for financial gains. However, one night, I was invited to a private dinner party and this couple was there. While mingling with some of the guests, I wound up with these two and this is when I found out that they were truly in love with each other and had a lot of respect for each other as well. Therefore, don't ever think that you can't have a good looking man in your life because my story should prove to you that outer appearances are not that important. Also, in my own personal life...I tend to allow God to be the center of my life and I choose to believe that he will direct the right guy to come into my life.....that's just my belief. I come to find out at a younger age that when you pursue guys ....more than likely you will wound up with losers.....so you need to stop that altogether. In a nutshell...if someone is meant to be in your life...it will happen at the right time and if it seems as if its not going to happen for you then its probably not the appropriate time for this to happen in your life due to the fact that you may have to work on yourself before bringing someone into your life. Good luck...

thanks for your posts Insertnamehere, MFD000 and JohnSomebody.

your words are comforting and reassuring to me. i'm thankful for your advices.

JohnSomebody, i'm a fairly religious person. thanks for sharing about taking life in a spiritual perspective. i find i'm able to cope better after reading that.

i would like to say i will not give up yet, i'm just spending time on finding out more about myself and improving myself. hopefully, i can get to share my life with another in the future. Smile

It's hard to get past the misery of the dating situation when you're fixated on it. Focus on something else. Have a fulfilling life in other aspects. Take up rafting with cats. Join a pesto making class.

This kind of feeling happens when you consider having a relationship and a family is the ultimate thing, yes it becomes ultimate at some point, but for most people, it doesn't happen that easily and not eventually like graduating from high school. There's a lot more to live for and a serious relationship is just a part of them and it will take some time, cheers up buddy.

I have and do actually somewhat feel similar to the op