Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i give up.....
Double post. I am not capable of normal tasks yet today. Rabbit reasoning...and I'm the duck.

1. Don't give up, anyone that quits is guaranteed to fail
2. Be confident, This is difficult to do when building self esteem seems impossible but you must
3. Don't try too hard, that can be a big turn off if you come on stalker(ish) or desperate
4. Show that you can be awesome Smile, find hobbies that your partner can relate to. If you share common interests its more likely they will want to at least hang out with you and then something may happen ^_^
5. touching on point #2 , don't be negative. its unhealthy and unappealing Smile

im not a love Guru, but hope my advise helps Smile

I think i suffer the same syndrome. 25 and been single all my life. i think my being in the closet has something to do with it. but i'll keep marching forward blindly. throwing myself in front of people like roadkill hoping someone will notice!

The only thing I can really offer here is that in order to get anywhere near your goal..you have to completely drop the self pity.

Self pity is a nasty monster....and it will destroy you from the inside out if you don't do something about it.

Rod Wrote:I think i suffer the same syndrome. 25 and been single all my life. i think my being in the closet has something to do with it. but i'll keep marching forward blindly. throwing myself in front of people like roadkill hoping someone will notice!
You've got the right idea Rod. Just keep putting one foot in foot of the other, move forward, even when it doesn't seem to make any sense. Eventually it will make sense. Your perspective about your life and the direction you want to travel will become increasingly clear if you just keep moving forward.

People must often tell you this but I'll risk saying it anyway... You're 25, in the prime of youth with a great deal of your life before you. Don't stay in the closet to much longer darlin'. Life flies by faster than you can imagine and you never want to look back and think "I wonder what my life might have been like if only I had..."

Beside that I'll only say that the longer you stay in the closet, the easier it is to come up with reasons to stay in the closet. It seems comfortable in there. No one in in the closet ever realizes how heavy the burden of staying hidden and "safe" is until they step into the light. And its a helluva lot easier to find a man when you're honest with yourself and the world. Gay people respect others who have the courage it takes to be open and forthright. It's one of the hardest things we do, risking everything to be free.

I'll quit lecturing now. You'll be fine, just keep a positive attitude. Everything in it's own time.
[Image: just_because_soemthing_isnt_happening.jpg]

Never give up on your hopes and dreams u never know what might be round the corner for you. I am sure u are not ugly, learn to truly love yourself . Look at the good things you have in your life and draw strength from them. And remember someone may feel exactly the way you do and you may well be the very person that they are searching for.

i want to thank each and everyone of you for posting your advice and opinions. i appreciate your posts a lot guys. Smile

i spent time thinking over about the posts and it made me felt better. i'm working on myself now to be happy with myself first. i agree, if i'm not in love with myself in the first place, who else will?

i have some other doubts when reading the posts. i'm planning to start some new threads to seek advice and help about those doubts and issues. hope you guys don't mind.

thanks once again guys.

I have been talking with one french man for couples of year. Me too not so attractive and i complaint him always that no one love me and i am ugly. He used to tell me " Love yourself first so that other can love you ". Having relationship will be wonderful but what we need is to live life happily. Its all god gift accept it live a happy. Don't try hard just love yourself and make them feel how wonerderful you are !!

Never give up man. I can relate to what you say to a point. I feel that way sometimes. I'm disabled... I'm in a wheelchair, and I often wonder if anyone "able bodied" or otherwise can look past that, but it is what it is. I think there's someone out there for everyone regardless.. you just have to find that person.. and chances are.. you aren't as bad as you think you are Wink. Just think positive and don't worry so much. Eventually you will find the right person.. and I believe the same for myself.

Ha, you think that's worth crying over, I keep crushing on straight guys and trust me, that's worse because your dreams will never come true doing that lol.