Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i've noticed something
This is probably my last post on here. The problem that I see is that most gay people I met are the most judgmental, unacceptable, pieces of crap that I have ever met. That's the problem with gay people. Even on here I have witnessed people talk negative things about other people's situation. Do you ever think that what if they have nobody to talk to and this is the only place they can express themselves, no matter how dumb it may be. A lot of people don't have what other people have, gay or straight. I say fuck the gay community. Today I witnessed another gay man get picked on by other gay people. Its not the first time I have witnessed this, and I am shitty as the people who picked on the guy because I failed to do anything about it. We are supposed to be understanding but no. History is just going to repeat itself. African Americans, woman's rights, all that bullshit is gone down the drain. And the gay community is going down the same road. "hey lets just pull the gay card and everything is going to be okay and then go and talk about another gay person who is less fortunate than us, or different from us so that we can feel better about ourselves".How can we help over selves if the same people who are supposed to understand, to be supportive are the ones doing the most damage? There are good people in this world but I just don't see the impact of them. We are fighting for all these fucking rights, and for what, just so that we can have something new to fight over about.

I don't know what you've run into luaj that's brought this on. I'm curious about it and want to understand it better. There may be things to be learned if you stick around and talk about it.

I try to go wayyyyyyy out of my way not to judge anyone on my values and standards. The entire foundation of all understanding is taught here. >>> http://www.ashidakim.com/zenkoans/1acupoftea.html I do my best to approach all people with my cup empty --- In order to understand them through their values and standards, not mine.

I know I get on people's nerves for being the way I am but --- should I try to be someone else? I don't think so. The understanding deal works both ways. The people who generally don't like me are the ones who are trying to understand me through their values and standards and not learn anything about mine.

If I have done anything to lead you to feel the way you do I wish you'd start a dialog with me about it and help me understand it.

Believe it or not the problem is answered by your signature:

^
|
|
^

That is usually the underlying problem with humans, they are only human.

That line in my signature is the ultimate secret formula against all fundamentalists, dogmatists and ideologues. It is their kryptonite. It is lethal to them.

lauj Wrote:This is probably my last post on here. The problem that I see is that most gay people I met are the most judgmental, unacceptable, pieces of crap that I have ever met. That's the problem with gay people. Even on here I have witnessed people talk negative things about other people's situation. Do you ever think that what if they have nobody to talk to and this is the only place they can express themselves, no matter how dumb it may be. A lot of people don't have what other people have, gay or straight. I say fuck the gay community. Today I witnessed another gay man get picked on by other gay people. Its not the first time I have witnessed this, and I am shitty as the people who picked on the guy because I failed to do anything about it. We are supposed to be understanding but no. History is just going to repeat itself. African Americans, woman's rights, all that bullshit is gone down the drain. And the gay community is going down the same road. "hey lets just pull the gay card and everything is going to be okay and then go and talk about another gay person who is less fortunate than us, or different from us so that we can feel better about ourselves".How can we help over selves if the same people who are supposed to understand, to be supportive are the ones doing the most damage? There are good people in this world but I just don't see the impact of them. We are fighting for all these fucking rights, and for what, just so that we can have something new to fight over about.

Number one, I think it's a big mistake to expect that because a given person has experienced poor treatment, bigotry or discrimination that they would never hold similar prejudices against someone else. That's just not how it's ever really worked out.

Number two, I don't think any group should have to prove it's even better than straight white people in order to have their equal rights and equal treatment recognized as valid.

You'll find when you start creating these "criteria" for how discriminated-against minority groups should act or what level of behavior they should hold themselves to, very few straight/white/Christian/mainstream people would meet them either.

Sad Lauj, have some restored faith. People can be terrible no matter what group they identify with. Those people who you saw today, and mind you that is a terrible thing that they did, they might just have a lot to learn. Years from now they might be better people, but what they did will come back round to bite them in the ass when the time is right. Meanwhile, just do your part by being a kind, compassionate person and that will be plenty enough Smile

Yeah well I've noticed some other gay people be nasty to me, not really on here... But in real life and whatnot, once a very femmy gay person whom I thought I was friends with was in fact saying horrible things about me behind my back... And he also used me a lot, because I'd help him with a lot of the things he needed. If I'm friends with someone I care about you, and now I really have nothing to do with him. And it turns out that he had a very hard life, and he was even abused and was an orphan.

But people can be nasty to you no matter where you go, you mentioned the other people that have fought for equal rights such as the blacks, women rights, etc.

Now, a lot of people that are black are nasty to each other as well, and women are of course nasty to each other too, even if they all fought for equal rights...

But I don't think that gays, lesbians, transgenders are too nasty to each other, though I have seen cases of gays being nasty to each other, lesbians too, and I'm friends with a trans MtF and she has a LOT of problems with other trans-girls and put her down by saying "Oh my chin is more rounded and pointed than yours, making MY chin MORE feminine, and yours more manly." or "Pfft please I don't even need implants my boobs are all natural, unlike yours!" she has told me how nasty they can be even though they are both trans.

Sorry if this is going to be a long post... But I'm saying that people can be mean anywhere you go, but, here I honestly don't think that many people are nasty, but it's also not likely that gays would really be nasty or judgmental because a lot of the LGBT community has experienced that :<

Sowwy >,<

Gay people aren't the only community to pick on 'their own'......it goes on all over.

Is it right? No, but it happens.

I don't see how pulling yourself from the forum will solve anything.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Sometimes what you might see as picking on could just be some tough love from people who have been there.

I'll admit to being short with the whiny attention seekers who don't REALLY want advice, they want people to fix it for them, or are only looking for validation on what they want to hear even though 30 people told them otherwise.

For all our civility and PC wishes, life's still not fair and dog eat dog survival of the fittest... not a Disney cartoon.

I hope that you don't leave.

If all the compassionate people leave, then what will be left for those that come seeking help?