Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i was told to introduce myself
hello everyone, I guess I'm here to try to figure myself out... I know I'm gay and I'm proud to be gay as much as a straight man is proud to be straight, if that makes sense. I don't really know how to say this but I'm really uncomfortable around other gay people, especially in groups. I feel like I don't fit the stereotype at all and don't have anything in common except for the gay part. So then I just start acting weird and I can't really be myself, then I just turn into a jerk. I've been in relationships in the past but the guys were pretty much like me, they never fit the stereotype. I guess the best part of it is that no one suspects your gay and don't get made fun of, although I'm very open gay person. (wow I do sound like a jerk). Sometimes I feel like I'm better than the rest of the stereotypical gay population and I hate to admit to that but I'm working on it so I apologize because I know I shouldn't think like that. I feel like an uncle tom. But they say admitting the problem is the first part. Anyways I'm pretty laid back person, its hard for me to get angry at all and that scares me a bit. I'm also all over the place and very indecisive for some reason. I like to read stupid jokes and laugh at them but then when I tell them, its not even funny. If you want to know more just ask. Well hello everyone and sorry if I'm offended anyone.

Hello and welcome to GS and I think you,ll find that most of us here do not fit into stereotypes and a different eclectic group of people from all over the world. We all fall into stereotype traps sometimes even you by saying what you have, even as a gay man.

I really thing that as many people who are very obviously Gay there is more people who you wouldn't no as gay or have gay tendency so your judging a whole by its smallest part.

Quite silly really… and if you dont like people, dont spend time with them.

Anyway, your welcome here Wavey

I don't hate them it just makes me feel uncomfortable, that's why I'm trying very hard to connect with different people... I'm a mess, I say don't judge people because of stereotypes and here I am judging people, I deserved to get shot, just kidding or slapped and its nice to meet you.

Gay folks are as varied as everyone else, which I'm sure you'll see from your time on here - sexuality is just one small part of you. Welcome to gs

funny thing is (may not look like it in my pic) that I fall under many stereotypes of the gay male. I have lots of feminine tendencies in me. Im actually more girlish than anything. I love fashion (I love wearing girl clothes than male clothes and Im not transgender) and can cook extraordinary meals. I talk in a lisp, I wear make-up and nail polish. and so much more. I love chick flicks and I can get very emotional.

by the way, welcome.

There is NO substitute for a good education and the very best of educations can be found in broadening your worldview. Exposure and experience is the best medicine for what seems to "ail you" according to your post. I have been exactly where you describe several years ago and I can promise you it gets better!!!! haha I guess that expression can never be overused. Anyway, THANK YOU for being candid and introducing yourself. I will certainly look forward to getting to know you better here on GS and welcome aboard! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

e komo mai to gs!

Welcome

Hello Welcome to GS

Hello and welcome to gs.
As Miles said gay people are as varied as anyone,you are a indidvual and do not have to try to fit into any stereotype,just be who you are.
I am sure you will fit in just fine here,and I doubt you have offended anyone in any way.
Smile

welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!