Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idk how to date!
so heres a couple of questions for you awesome guys, and chicks Wink how do you date? i totally dont kno how to be available without being totally obvious. i'd love to say dating in the gay world was the same for me as it was when i thought i was straigh tbut its not. its so much easier to date when your straight. I guess what you could say is im to afraid to even approach someone to ask them out or say they look nice, because im afraid they'll be offended or will punch me in the face..... do you guys have any advice for me? how do you just walk up 2 some hot dude not knowing and ask him out?

Dating guys is probably much different, yet I think it is easier than straight dating because there is no gender difference. Therefore, it is probably easier to tell what your date's gestures and actions mean. Also, you can more easily tell what he is thinking and what he wants. That all because male mentality is...male mentality. I feel that what I said is really confusing, sorry. :S Ans, yea, that's all I wnated to say, guys here will help much more.

Does it have to be such a big thing? Why not just mardle awhile and take it from there?

i have as you say "mardled" for longer than you guys can guess with my age.... (longer than i should have) and i have been so hurt i cant express it... it has to be such a big thing because i cant stand the concept of NSA (no strings attached) any longer.... how messed up is nsa in the first place? ok a casual hook up is one thing but EVERYONE where im at is only looking for that and a heartless "string less" hookup leaves me feeling more lonely and hurt every single time.... i want some one to find some thing more than just a physical attraction in me. and i dont have any false allusions, i am aware of my age and inexperience (dating wise) and realize that in all probability the first guy i actually date isnt who im going to end up with, but i would welcome the chance to at least try.

I'm not sure if this helps. But, it might be helpful to know that not all guys are good at going up to people in bars and talking to them and initiating dating that way. I'm not. Can't do it. I just get all nervous and end up making a fool of myself.

I met my boyfriend though an introduction. It was through a friend. It wasn't a hookup introduction, it was just a do-you-mind-if-my-ex-joins-us kind of an introduction. We hit it off rather well and are now boyfriends.

My point is, that maybe you are just trying too hard. I know I was before Cryptique and I met. I tried dating all sorts of guys off gardar and gay-parship but none of them worked out because it was just too unnatural a situation. (And the guys off those sites, gaydar especially, are all assholes!)

Yes I compare Gaydar to Asda smart price and this site to Marks and spencers . If you go for a site that is purely about sex hookups , thats all your going to get . I dont like the idea of meeting guys in the backs of cars , in the woods , all sounds rather seedy to me and afterwards I know I would feel cheap and dirty. I would rather have only one dencent gay sexual experience with a guy I really care about once a year than a whole string of sexual encounters with complete strangers where afterwards you dont even know their name !! May as well invest in some sex toys and do it yourself , its a lot safer at the end of the day. I'm not desperate at all , would rather wait and meet someone who at least I knew , even if that did take me months to meet the right one. I can live without a man and I dont need a guy constantly in my life to make me happy

colinmackay Wrote:...(And the guys off those sites, gaydar especially, are all assholes!)
I thought that was the point Rolleyes

Off Topic. If this site is M&S can I have some ready meals?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

That's not necessarily off-topic, Fred Wink

Gareth125 Wrote:. I would rather have only one dencent gay sexual experience with a guy I really care about once a year than a whole string of sexual encounters with complete strangers where afterwards you dont even know their name !! May as well invest in some sex toys and do it yourself , its a lot safer at the end of the day. I'm not desperate at all , would rather wait and meet someone who at least I knew , even if that did take me months to meet the right one.

Well said i feel basicially the same way! Smile

But like the original question i have no idea how to date/know if someone's interested/how to ask someone out/etc (plus where i live i could never risk it)