Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in my eyes
Defiant has address some real issues here, and I concur with most that he has brought up, time to think about what we do and be sure that we have everyone's best interest in mind, of course I am not as blunt as dfiant, Just Get It Right. If you don't know say so, If you have something that might help add it, Other Wise Back Off
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I will say one more thing. I shouldnt of said dfiant was a jerk that was uncalled for. and I apoligize for that

mbennet35 Wrote:I will say one more thing. I shouldnt of said dfiant was a jerk that was uncalled for. and I apoligize for that

Apology accepted and one offered for my comments about you, I should have been more dimplamatic.

I feel what you are saying there Dfiant,

However.

As a former patient of way too many mental health professionals and being pretty much a poor boy from the get-go, I can assure you that here in the USA getting help - real help only happens once you get a suicide attempt under your belt.

Just 'feeling depressed' doesn't result in much help. Free help is almost nonexistent, and you have to have absolutely no income. They don't care if your minimum wage job means you are already eating ramen, you can eat cake instead to pay sliding scale. For a person who can get a lot of ramen for $20.00, the idea of paying $20 for a therapist is not easy to swallow. Sliding scale isn't really a real option when people live on a strict budget, paycheck to paycheck.

I'm hard pressed to think of any young kid who has the monetary resources to actually get help - not here in the usa.

I didn't seek professional help until I hit my bottom. That meant a lot of alcohol and drugs and other interesting shit - um like suicide. I'm not unique in that - a lot of people have to hit bottom before they actually seek professional help. Few people understand just how bad they really are, and think and believe a few kind words will indeed fix their problems.

Again,I feel what you are saying, but I suspect that you lack a full understanding of how the human mind works and the real state of mental health care around the world. Yes I know, some places have socialized medicine, a lot of places have yet to come into the 21st century.

I'm going to step into this for a minute....and this will be the last comment I make on it.

Dfiant made a commentary about his feelings on a particular subject (as we all do on here from time to time). He did not mention names or point fingers to anyone, other than those who seem to come on here and do nothing but look for a pity party or to have us all feel sorry for them (attention seekers).

All of us on here at one time or another have been in this mood, and have posted something to get attention. This is not what was meant, Im sure. This commentary was a generalization of the whole of what has been going on since last fall.

Hell, even I posted something similar the end of last year on here, saying there seem to be WAY too many whiny cry-babies getting on here (anonymously or creating an account and self deleting after posting) bitching and whining about the SAME damned problem. And MY post was ignored.
Or at least nobody commented on it.

There have been several people who have mentioned to me that difants (original) post was a slam against THEM personally. I have read, and reread, and reread the original post and have found no evidence of him specifically pointing any regular GS member on here. Which I find funny in a way, because dfiant has ALWAYS told us that he is always being misquoted and what he says in his posts are always being misunderstood and construed into some meaning that has nothing to do with what he was saying. And in this instance, I agree with him.

For some reason, several people on here have taken this original post to be some slam against their person and personality. I don't see this. If you come to the conclusion that he is personally attacking you, it is of your own making, not his.

This is such a generalized commentary, yes...I can see where ALL of us can identify with parts of it. But he made no such personalization to any one of us, only generalization.

Now everything that was posted AFTER the original post he made, thats your own doing as well, if you felt threatened and persecuted by what he said. Dfiant felt attacked on a post he was making in good faith, because some people took it upon themselves to think he was singling them out, and lashed back at him for this post.

Possibly some feel threatened because dfiant made such a long commentary, which is unusual for him. And seeing as he has strong emotions when posting things, some took this particularly long post as something more serious than it was meant to be. I don't know.

All I do know is that the original post was not pointed at anyone, except those who come on here pretending to seek help, and looking for nothing but people to feel sorry for them, and those who keep trying to help them with no positive results.

No, you cant help everybody. No, you shouldn't try to help everybody, because not everybody is looking for help even though it may seem like it. You have to pick the people you want to help carefully. If they do not seem to comprehend or listen to your helpful words, then leave them to their own destruction, because more than likely, they are just attention seekers.

And all of us who know dfiant, know that when he DOES mean something in a rude way, he uses curse words. I found no curse words in this commentary.

So there. I have spoken.
For what its worth.