Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<insert interesting introductory title here>
Hi Jan, welcome Welcome I've visited Warsaw before, it's a beautiful city, amazingly restored after it's destruction in WWII
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Pyromancer Wrote:What really fascinates me is being able to talk with people who've actually lived what, to me, is history. I have a neighbor who actually met Martin Luther King and was active in the civil rights movement. My boss has a grandfather who talked to me for hours about the Kennedy assassination...I realize that these things are just US history, small frog in a big pond...but I'm also Cuban, and in a sense I feel that I'm living history as things evolve there...I'm finally going to be able to visit and travel there!

ACK!! Way too much rambling on...*AHEM*...Welcome to the forum...
Cuba has a rough history. Having been exploited by the United States for years under Fulgencio Batista it instantly fell under Fidel Castro's communist rule. The Cuban Crisis was also quite creepy as it posed a threat to the international community.

I admire Martin Luther King. One must have been very brave to stand against racial segregation. The history of the United States is actually quite interesting as well.

Bookworm Wrote:Hi Jan, welcome [Image: welcome.gif] I've visited Warsaw before, it's a beautiful city, amazingly restored after it's destruction in WWII
It depends which part of the city you're talking about. The Old Town and Krakowskie Przedmieście are amazingly beautiful but most of the city centre is monotonous and run-down. However, the city is slowly but progressively changing for the better.

Jan Wrote:That's awesome! Smile Which countries and/or eras do you like most?

I'm a sucker on Medieval times. There was a lot of changes to the world in that time. One of my favorite books is a big atlas that shows the changes of the political and cultural world. It starts were humans started and migratory patterns up to the modern world. It is fun to turn the page and see different countries get built and demolished, lol.

Nice to meet you Wavey

Welome. You live in a beautiful country.

I hope your next sexual experience is everything you hope for and more....the right guy is out there.

Hello Jan! Welcome to GS! Smile
And thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us Smile