Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how have we become like this?
Well@East, you can take a break if you like but I'll still miss what you have to say, even if you think you are not saying it. So there.
I bid NO Trump!

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] ...thanks Smile ....

I have actually left here twice...I think I first joined in 2009....I would be embarrassed to see the total post count if it was all added together.

I used to only do political boards in the 1990s and early 2000s...then a large TV forum for years after that 'til it closed down...this is the first gay forum I ever found...

The first time I left I got in a fight with a child molester and I wanted to take bath to get the stench off of me..he was actually preaching the gospel to everyone and defending what he did....

The second time was what I consider the psycho love dance between two posters here that made me want to puke...

This time..nothing like that. The vibe in different places does change though..it is an ebb and flow ...I used to tell the new bartenders that basically you will be working in a new club every 4-6 months...turnaround of regulars and the vibe changes....sometimes dramatically...the internet is no different.....

And so here I sit at half past midnight and wonder how I will ever get past an ear infection and a raging sore throat. Sleep is not much of an answer because it involves CPAP torture. Activity eludes due to fatigue.

I guess I come here hoping for some mental meat and potatoes. LatelyI feel like I have been fed more of a diner menu. Fresh, at proper serving temperature, hardly enough character to be bland. Of course, there are exceptions.

Yes, I would like some freshly ground black pepper with that.
I bid NO Trump!

East Wrote:I almost hit the delete button the other day Meridan....still haven't made up my mind not to.....the site has changed lately...or maybe it is me that has changed?....not really sure if it even matters.... and I definitely feel like I am completely out of place now...in fact...I know I am....

...and the guy who thought we didn't take baths...uh....time for me to move on or at least take a break I think....

You know...Jerry Seinfeld, Louis CK and my favorite ...Chris Rock...have decided not to play college campuses anymore...too many people are offended by everything. My own sense of humor I have deleted entirely on the internet and it is kinda wierd reading myself because my humor is part of my personality....

Anyway...I love reading you....and I will miss you very much....but maybe take a deep breath and walk away without deleting and check back in sometime to see if the vibe has changed?

I haven't looked at this thread in a couple of days but this was the only message I felt the need to respond to. I'm glad you decided not to leave. We haven't interacted too much on here but I would say I think you offer an intelligent perspective to many of the threads you contribute to. Losing you from this forum would indeed be a loss for the site. If anything, I would urge you or anyone else to take a break from the site rather than leaving entirely. Usually a good break will make a world of difference...

I was away when all this happened
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

I was here and didn't really see it as a big deal when it was happening, Meebs.
I bid NO Trump!